house rental for cape henlopen M&G?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• house rental for cape henlopen M&G?

Any interest in renting a house/cabin or something of that sort for the May M&G? It's a 3-4 hour drive for me, and I'm sure just as far if not farther for many other people....so if we rented something like for a Friday and Saturday night, we could fish all day Saturday and Sunday morning, and avoid the long drive out beforehand, then check out and drive home afterward. We could check in on Friday night, or if people are taking off that Friday, they could check in early Friday afternoon or whenever. Usually my friends and I do this when we go on trips, and it rarely costs even $100 per person for a weekend if there's 6-10 of us. Just a thought, we could discuss it in more detail in a bit, but if there's definitely an early interest, I could start looking up properties (or someone else could), and it's probably better to book asap, and we could all meet and get the deposit money together and all that . And if we looked for a house we could look for one with a shed or something to keep all the kayaks and all that, I bet things would be more secure at a house than at a hotel parking lot. Any interest?

I would be interested. Obviously, I would need my own room. By the way; I am a very good cook, as some of the folks that went on the New York trip last year can attest to.
    2015 Outback
    2016 Outback LE

GO PATRIOTS !!!

Comment

Excellent. A good cook is always welcome, and I'm not too bad myself. Usually we divvy up the meals on the trips I've been on, so we could do something similar here. That way someone doesn't get shafted buying/cooking all the meals.

Comment

Definitely interested here and depending on the date of the M&G I could probably get +2 from some friends
        Nikki

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 120
        Liquid Logic Manta Ray 14

Comment

Im interested whens this m&g i forgot cant look atm but its 5+hr for me
          2016 Hobie Mirage Outback Olive
          LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

I believe it's May 14

Comment

That does sound interesting. I was considering just a camping spot at the park though. They claim to have showers there. If anybody wants we can split a site.
              PigPen - Mt Airy
              Native Mariner 12.5

Comment

The Cape Henlopen State Park Campground is actually pretty decent and we did a camping M&G there in October a few years ago that was a lot of fun. Fishing was terrible for some reason but none of us knew what we were doing out there for tog. We've learned a lot more about fishing that area and the M&G should offer a shot at the early season flounder, maybe bluefish, maybe weakfish, and maybe tog. Should be other bottomfish around too.
                Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

I was afraid of that I couldn't remember for sure im out anniversary the 16th lol managed to get away with deer season and screwed the start of saltwater all to hell... ill never get to fish the Jamaica Bay tournament now haha
                  Originally posted by yakscientist View Post
                  I believe it's May 14
                  2016 Hobie Mirage Outback Olive
                  LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

Cape Henlopen State Park Campground looks booked up for tent camping the weekend of the M&G. Lots of RV sites left.
                    Can you rent an RV site and throw up a tent???

Yak67
                    2015 Hobie PA-14
                    2016 Hobie Outback LE

Comment

Originally posted by Yak67 View Post
                      Cape Henlopen State Park Campground looks booked up for tent camping the weekend of the M&G. Lots of RV sites left.
                      Can you rent an RV site and throw up a tent???

Yak67
                      2015 Hobie PA-14
                      2016 Hobie Outback LE
                      I don't see why not. I know it's fine at Maryland parks.

Comment

Yeah lets just get a few sites then. i assume 2 or 3 would have plenty of room for 8-10 tents. Can anyone call this weekend and check on their availability? I might be able to sunday if no one else can

Comment

Originally posted by yakscientist View Post
                          Yeah lets just get a few sites then. i assume 2 or 3 would have plenty of room for 8-10 tents. Can anyone call this weekend and check on their availability? I might be able to sunday if no one else can
                          You can see it all on the web. Can se availability, pick sites and make reservations. There were quite a few when I looked yesterday.

Comment

FYI, they allow 2 tents per site but only one vehicle (others need to park at the welcome center,) and up to 4 people or 8 with $2 per extra person. I didn't see any group sites which could be cost effective.
                            PigPen - Mt Airy
                            Native Mariner 12.5

Comment

Originally posted by suicyderider View Post
                              I was afraid of that I couldn't remember for sure im out anniversary the 16th lol managed to get away with deer season and screwed the start of saltwater all to hell... ill never get to fish the Jamaica Bay tournament now haha
                              Maybe she would like to go camping in NY for an anniversary trip?

Comment

Working...
                              X