Slayer Propel 10 users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slayer Propel 10 users

As a former slayer propel 13 owner I absolutely love the propel Drive. I am about ready to pull the trigger on another one but would like some input from slayer propel 10 owners. I'm not looking for input on the design of the boat, but rather on how the boat handles in the bay. I am very familiar with the slayer propel 13 and how that boat maneuvers but not familiar with the slayer propel 10 and how that boat handles in the bay. I'm sure The propel 10 handles fine and tidal creeks and rivers, but I'm looking more for input on the main stem of the bay since I like to fish the bay bridge a lot in the summer. I just really like the difference in weight between the 10 and 13, but don't want to sacrifice fishing the main stem of the bay. Thanks in advance for all the input folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by assists21; 03-17-2016, 08:16 AM.
    Mike

"But by the grace of God I am what I am..." - I Cor. 15:10
    Native Watercraft Slayer Propel - Cooperhead

Mike -

I have owned both models. The SP13 handles waves, chop, and wakes better than the SP10. It is also 0.5 to 1 mph faster than the SP10. I would not choose the SP10 if fishing the bay bridge on a regular basis is part of your fishing plan. You can fish in the main bay if you watch the weather carefully. If you stay in tidal rivers, creeks, and freshwater ponds and lakes, the SP10 is very good. It weighs 27 lbs less, which makes handling it on land much easier. Both models have about the same amount of room in the seating and cockpit area. There is less front and rear storage in the SP10.

I do not use any of my kayaks at the bay bridge anyway -- I have a center console for days when I want to be far from shore in open water.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

I have had my Slayer Propel 10 for one year and really like how it handles in all types of water. I fish mostly rivers and tributaries of them. Have taken the 10 to Ft. Smallwood last spring in 12-15k with a southerly breeze. Had to,work the rudder a lot to maintain my direction, but never felt in danger of flipping. I agree with John V that would not try the Bay Bridge unless it is flat calm. In summary, if you are wise on your fishing locations with weather conditions, you should be fine.
      PS- This winter I changed the stock rudder to one from Berley Pro. It has increased the responsiveness a lot. I do not have to continually adjust the rudder position as before.
      John Rentch
      Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
      Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Working...
      X