where did you get your gopro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where did you get your gopro?

title speaks for itself....looking for best price and only thing i can find is hook1 with a discount code, but they only have the helmet listed where as i would like the naked hero better.
    sigpic

bought mine at best buy. i just got the 960. its doesnt shoot 1080p video but its still hd.
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

^to piggy back on Grilled Sardine, IMO 1080 is overrated when it comes to what we tend to use our cameras for. Most of these vids end up on the computer & posted online...medium in which you cant really even tell the difference. 1080p eats up memory, and generates huge files which can be cumbersome when it comes to processing/loading. I find myself shooting exclusively in 720p.^

Sorry I dont have much other advice to the original question though.
      <insert witty comment here>

Comment

I agree with MetroMan. Both my cams film in 1080p but i never use it. One reason is memory usage and the other is the 1080 setting is only 30fps. I found 720p at 60fps to yield a better video on my head mounted camera. The 30fps setting seamed to cause more jerkiness and trails if i moved my head to fast. If the camera is stationary the 1080p 30fps setting should be fine though.

Comment

If I were to get a go pro I would probably go to Best Buy ......... it's local and I can take it back with out shipping charges or waiting for the mail .......

Comment

if you have best buy rewards you can use the coupons they send every month and apply it to the go pro....its 10 or 15% i believe.
            Hobie Revolution 13
            Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

i'm not a photog or know what you guys are talking about, but does the 1080 feature help with poster quality picture if i ever capture any? once in a lifetime, probably wont happen, but i wish would; would 1080 feature quality help for say a poster size picture?

i know i have taken some pictures and blown up a certain amount have sucked
              sigpic

Comment

I don't think you will be able to blow up any still to poster size from the small digital video cameras out now. I'm no expert though but i think that task is still handled by the high Mega pixel still cameras or standard 35mm.

1080 is the amount of Vertical pixels captured (1920 x 1080). The more pixels the sharper the recorded image. A 1080 capture image will enlarge better than a 720p image but it will still pixalate when it gets past a certain size.

That's all i know about these things.

Comment

Working...
                X