Reminder that Hosts are needed for April and May Meet and Greet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reminder that Hosts are needed for April and May Meet and Greet

I was asked recently as to whether the Meet and Greet for April and May will occur, since we do not have anyone yet to volunteer for either month to be a host/organizer.

April 9 - Susquehanna Flats for Rocks - Organizer/Host needed, Rich will ask Alan?
    May 14 - Cape Henlopen for Bluefish or eastern shore ponds Bass – Organizer/Host needed

If you want to volunteer to be a host then just post your month and I will update the Meet and Greet schedule since I started that thread.

I was also asked, what does a host have to do....I would say look at the last Meet and Greet at Marshall Hall, hosted by Kevin Fry. He did a great job at organizing the March Meet and Greet.

In general, a host would start a Snaggedline thread announcing the Meet and Greet. The thread would list the meeting location, launch time, and lunch time and location. A list of attendees is helpful stating whether they are going to fish, or going to lunch or both. With this list the host can make the proper arrangements with the restaurant letting them know how many kayakers might show up at their establishment. The Host would typically arrive first to the launch, so he/she can see most of the kayakers off. He or she would also get off of the water first to make sure that the everything is good with the restaurant arrangements.

If we cannot get a host then the official Meet and Greet for that month will be cancelled.

I realize I'm the odd guy from NJ, but I may be able to host the April Susky event with an old friend of mine. Let me check my schedule and get back to everyone.
    Kevin

Comment

Working...
    X