Sensitive Sonar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sensitive Sonar?

I have a Lowrance Elite 4 DSI. I am still figuring out all the menus, sub menus and features… While fishing next to Tom he was marking fish on his finder while I was not… Is there a setting or some other feature I can dial in "Sensitivity"? The fish are there because Tom is marking them and we are catching them… Thanks in advance for any help

It takes a while to figure out. Give this video a watch it's one of the best ones I have seen that covers pretty much everything. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icrQYU8KqIY Skip around if need be to find the part on sesitivity.
    I think the Lowrance you have will come with the Auto sensitivity option set on. You may need to turn it off and adjust to your liking. I'm still learning and have had mine for a few years, keep playing with the settings until you get some idea of what the do and how they work.

Comment

Thanks for the link... I will give it a view and try turning off the auto sensitivity

Comment

Originally posted by Dicemann View Post
        Thanks for the link... I will give it a view and try turning off the auto sensitivity
        Sensitivity being to high can also be a problem, go easy with it.

Sometimes even now, at least on my Mark 4, I 'm just not sure what I am seeing, other times I"m sure and catch fish. Sometimes I'm sure I'm seeing fish and just can't catch anything and sometimes see nothing and can be on the fish. Then I get wondering again if I'm sure what I am seeing.

They are not be all and end all fish catching devices, just another very useful tool in the arsenal.

I don't have DSI and can't give you pointers on your display but can still say the more you mess with it and use it you will find yourself starting to kind of naturally get the feel for the FF and you won't want to be without one.

Comment

I have never owned or used a Lowrance Elite unit. I have used other Lowrance units on different kayaks and boats. All the ones I have owned offer some type of sensitivity adjustment (some are easier to find than others). If you are able to find a sensitivity adjustment, make it more sensitive until you see too much clutter on your screen, then dial it back a bit.

One other thing that most guides will tell you -- turn off the Fish ID feature (this shows little fish symbols on the screen). I used it a bit on my first FF, but prefer seeing the real sonar signals now.
          John Veil
          Annapolis
          Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

If you have been messing with the menu items, start with the factory default settings and adjust from there.
            Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
            Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Working...
            X