Fishing for striper this weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing for striper this weekend?

Hello to all, I'm thinking of going fishing this weekend. Open to either day but Sunday looks best for weather. This would be my first time in a kayak in or around the bay and was wondering if anyone else is going and wouldn't mind someone tagging along. I've only fished in a boat mostly trolling a half a dozen times so I have a huge learning curve. I have been accumulating tackle over the past 7mo. but it may be a little small for this time of year. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction on that. Anyway, I just thought I'd throw that out there. Locations could be from Reedsville to Sandy Point area or anywhere in between since they are about the same distance for me to drive. Rivers are fine to. Just looking to do some striper fishing and find some good friends along the way. Don't want to do this alone for the first time. Hell, for that matter anytime. Thanks, David
    2016 Hobie Outback Limited #220
    2016 Jackson Cuda 12
    2015 Emotion 11 Stealth Angler

I know there are some regulars that fish out of Jonas green on the Severn river. You would pass that location on the way to sandy point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks Brian. I will look that up. Not familiar with the area but google is my friend.
      2016 Jackson Cuda 12

Comment

I usually fish out of the Northeast River, or out of Perryville Park or Havre de Grace. If you come up this way give me a shout and I can probably join you. The wonders of being retired!!!!! You can reach me at 484-459-9863.
        Doc Irv
        http://docirvcustombaits.com/baitbox/
        484-459-9863
        If you are not satisfied with the color or texture of your custom made Doc Irv baits just let me know and I will redo it at no cost to you to your satisfaction, because I am not happy unless you are happy.*
        *But if you are one of those people who is never satisfied then I retain the right to be unhappy.

Comment

Soon to join the ranks of the retired...I'm looking forward to being able to have some more time on the water- July 1 is my date...and I am thinking it is going to be much harder this month to catch keeper striper at a 35 inch minimum
          "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
          2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
          "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
          Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

I am heading out to the flats on Saturday morning around Sunrise. Look forward to any company.
            Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
            Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

I think I'd join a group fishing the flats this weekend. I'm definitely going somewhere likely both Saturday and Sunday. Since the M&G was cancelled last week, maybe there would be interest in a more informal "see you on the water maybe" kind of weekend out there.
              Bill

2018 Hobie Compass - Seagrass Green
              2015 Wilderness Ride 135 - Green Camo

Comment

Keep and eye out on the wind, right now its looking good. HT is around 6:30 am . With low water flow should be a good morning. Launching Tidings around 6:30 am.
                Freddie T

Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

You cant keep any rockfish in the flats right? I believe i read something about it on the dnr website.

I will be out fishing both days. Saturday for the colonial beach tournament and Sunday will be a kayak day. Fishing out of st georges island. Ive launched out of my dock and caught a ton of 21-24 inchers this week
                  Native Watercraft Pro Staff
                  2016 Native Watercraft Slayer Propel 13 Lizard Lick

2016 CCA MD "BLUE CAT" Tournament 2nd place
                  33rd MSSA "THE CHAMPIONSHIP" Tournament 1st place
                  2016 Curley's White Perch Tournament 1st place

Comment

Originally posted by docirv View Post
                    I usually fish out of the Northeast River, or out of Perryville Park or Havre de Grace. If you come up this way give me a shout and I can probably join you. The wonders of being retired!!!!! You can reach me at 484-459-9863.
                    Doc Irv
                    Thanks for the invite. I might just take you up on that sometime. I'd have to get up and leave my house at about 3am to get there by 6 so I might wait til another day. I would love to come up there. I know sombody's been pulling some HOGS outta there !!!
                    2016 Jackson Cuda 12

Comment

Yes, it's catch and release on the flats, but I wouldn't be holding my breath for a 35" to keep further south anyway. If someone has a plan for that, I'd be be there.
                      Bill

2018 Hobie Compass - Seagrass Green
                      2015 Wilderness Ride 135 - Green Camo

Comment

Nope, breeding area, C&R only, make sure the barbs are flattened on any hooks in case DNR is around and checking.
                        Freddie T

Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Originally posted by LivinTheDream View Post
                          Yes, it's catch and release on the flats, but I wouldn't be holding my breath for a 35" to keep further south anyway. If someone has a plan for that, I'd be be there.
                          So you think we arent getting any?

Ill post up pics of our catches
                          Native Watercraft Pro Staff
                          2016 Native Watercraft Slayer Propel 13 Lizard Lick

2016 CCA MD "BLUE CAT" Tournament 2nd place
                          33rd MSSA "THE CHAMPIONSHIP" Tournament 1st place
                          2016 Curley's White Perch Tournament 1st place

Comment

Originally posted by Salty Dog View Post
                            I am heading out to the flats on Saturday morning around Sunrise. Look forward to any company.
                            Are the flats up in the area docirv mentioned? Damn if so, you guys are making it awful tempting.
                            2016 Jackson Cuda 12

Comment

Originally posted by 1idrod View Post
                              Are the flats up in the area docirv mentioned? Damn if so, you guys are making it awful tempting.
                              Yes the flats are up north on the Susquehanna.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X