No announcement yet.

May 14 Meet and Greet official sign up thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ill be in for the launch. Im not sure where to launch. This will be my first trip to Cape Henlopen and is the lainch from Lewes better for a sit on top kayak? I dont have a hobie yet and would like any advice.

Thanks

Originally posted by moc View Post
    Thanks Jeff for taking over this May Meet and Greet. We did not have anyone to volunteer to get the gang together for May. I just hope the weather holds out. Since I have been sick since last year, there has been no kayak fishing for me, so now that I am on the upswing, I cannot wait to make this Delaware trip. Count me in for fishing and lunch.

Delaware Paddle Sports heard of our Meet and Greet for May 2016 and offered to provide lunch at their store at no charge to the Meet and Greet participants. Their store has a backyard and fire pit. Remember to bring your own camping chair. Food and drinks will be provided. So this will be an interesting Meet and Greet... you can choose to launch between two locations 10 minutes or less apart, free lunch at Delaware Paddle Sports, and you can get to shop in their store.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeFC View Post
      Ill be in for the launch. Im not sure where to launch. This will be my first trip to Cape Henlopen and is the lainch from Lewes better for a sit on top kayak? I dont have a hobie yet and would like any advice.

Thanks
      i launch from CHSP. You can just drag it down the beach
      Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Jaspratt View Post
          Inspect the areas where the rudder cord rubs for burrs. Its unusual for a rudder line to break so quickly. I have had a 2007 outback sold it in 2012 and only went through 1 rudder line. And it was because of a burr
          Was in Chincoteague all week fishing, now that I am home still looking for some compatible cord. After further investigation on the replacing of the rudder cord, its a bit more difficult then originally anticipated. Rollers, plastic tubing, seal in the plastic guide tubing, and trying to figure out how to remove the steering lever.
          Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
          Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Working...
          X