Susky flats fri 5/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Susky flats fri 5/20

I will be hitting the flats friday, wind forecast looks good being in the single digits all day. launching from perryville park. anyone else planning on going out? hoping for a few less boats running around like on the weekend.
    Native watercraft Mariner 12.5
    Lowrance HDI 5
    Abu Garcia rods n reels

I did 11.75 miles, peddled from perryville park to the northeast river, then headed out to the mouth of the susky river, then back to perryville. just did a slow lazy troll with one rod around two mph most of the wayy, ended up with a half dozen short stripers, two LMB, and a couple perch. then this little guy when I paused near launch to think if I could handle anymore sun on my legs or should I pack it upflats5207.jpg
    Lowrance HDI 5
    Abu Garcia rods n reels

Comment

pretty little fish! thanks for the report!
      sigpic

Comment

well that's a lot of mileage for this early ion the season.

Comment

yeah, just felt like doing some miles, longest trip so far in the Mariner.
          might hit it again this weekend, talked to another kayaker who fished area for years, told me to go check out the creek directly across from launch if I wanna get away from big boats, shallow at 1st then opens up to some deeper holes that the bass boats usually cant get to
          Lowrance HDI 5
          Abu Garcia rods n reels

Comment

Working...
          X