J-Bay vs Rarity Bay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J-Bay vs Rarity Bay?

I have an opportunity to fish either J-Bay or Raritan Bay next week and I am hoping to get some up to date intel. Did anyone fish the J-Bay tournament recently? Is one site more reliable than the other?

I am hoping for big rocks or blues.

Any thoughts from those who know the area would be most welcome.

Thanks all,

Bruce
    Bruce

Hobie PA 14
    Wilderness System, Thresher 155

I think Jbay should still be good next week. Look for Bunker in Mill Basin or the inlet to the North of that and then live-line for blues. Or focus on flounder in the channel edges.

Last weekend we found a lot of bluefish in very shallow water on topwater lures, but they were up and down. I'd say plan on covering some ground and keep moving till you find the fish!
    Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
    Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
    https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Few of us just got back from Jbay yesterday. Lots of blues to be had in the mid to upper twenties. Stripers were harder to come by, but you can zero in on a few smaller schools. Definitely some keepers in the mix. Flukes were the hardest to target with only two keepers...anywhere from 5-14 FOW this year. Bunker seems to be more prevalent in the early mornings and evenings, really had to search for predators under the schools.
      2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
      2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
      2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

im not sure if you have Facebook but Kayak Jay has been catching monster cows all week in Jamaica bay, mostly late night though. the pulled a 38" and 42" the night before last live lining bunker.
        2016 Hobie Mirage Outback Olive
        LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

Working...
        X