Ultra 4.7 vs Thresher 155

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bulldog View Post
    Talking shorter versions, I have a Ultra 4.3, and actually won the 14 foot thresher last year at J-Bay, gave to my best friend real cheap! I've camped in my Ocean kayak Trident 11, on the Delaware river for two night trips the rod pod is open to inside of hull, packed that boat full ,tents , stove ,everything, I was amazed at what went inside the hull, The 4.3 has a bin in the center hatch, less storage and because of that awesome bow flair there is a tight fit at front hatch. I've paddled both and preferred the Ultra 4.3 over the Thresher11, seemed to paddle easier, also the Thresher is a lot heavier then the Ultra which weighs 68lbs.. I have a 2013 Ultra 4.3 made in New Zealand, I bought the New Zealand seat and also the hinges for the rod pod non-flip hatch and made one out of starboard, the flip hatch is I guess nice, but for surf entry I can unplug fishfinder and toss in hatch easily, leg room is huge improvement.
    That said at the Chesapeake Bay at Kent Narrows the other year I went out when I shoud'nt have, by myself early in the morning, I was praying for the first twenty minutes before I realized what an animal the Ultra was, in my long journey to the center span, the boat handled almost everything to the point I was like a kid having fun, I did take about ten waves over the bow that hit me dead on in the chest and stopped the boat. That incredible bow flair and rocker on the boat made me a believer. People sell them to get peddle boats, but all say what a boat! I can send pictures of my hatch if you want later.......Jack
    Awesome thanks for sharing. I think the thresher would be a great boat, but for what I'm looking for I think the Ultra is a better choice. Talking to a guy now from PA hoping to get one within two weeks. I'll post my initial thoughts after I grab it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Zack
    Camo 2014 OK Trident Ultra 4.7
    Blue 2015 Ascend FS12T
    "WV RiverRat" on Youtube.

Comment

Well made the commitment! Found a guy on eBay who was selling a brand new ultra for 1k! Drove the two hours to meet him in the middle of PA and came home with her. I'm beyond ecstatic. Hit me up if one of you all is going to some big water in the near future, I'm itchin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Zack
      Camo 2014 OK Trident Ultra 4.7
      Blue 2015 Ascend FS12T
      "WV RiverRat" on Youtube.

Comment

That is a great deal! Kinda jealous makes my moken 14 look like 2nd hand trash hahaha. Wouldn't mind a big water trip myself. Congrats on the new yak

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
        Tan-Tarpon 140
        Lime-Pelican Matrix
        Yellow-Scrambler XT

Comment

Working...
        X