Hydration packs and kayaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydration packs and kayaks

Has anyone used one of those hydration packs while kalyking for their drinking water supply? I am thinking about getting one and would appreciate any feedback on them. I have found and am considering the CamelBak Cortez 3L Insulated Hydration Resevoir that attaches to the kayak.... just not sure where to put it in my outback
    http://docirvcustombaits.com/baitbox/
    484-459-9863
    If you are not satisfied with the color or texture of your custom made Doc Irv baits just let me know and I will redo it at no cost to you to your satisfaction, because I am not happy unless you are happy.*
    *But if you are one of those people who is never satisfied then I retain the right to be unhappy.

I have one I use for longer backpacking trips and it works quite well, so long as you are very vigilant about cleaning them and storing them totally dry, or in the freezer. Which ever brand you choose, Osprey makes a mouthpiece that uses a magnet to secure the bite valve to your pack/PFD that makes it far far easier/cleaner to use it and is well worth the money as an upgrade.

As for where to mount it, they are designed to be worn upright in a pack and in my limited experience they do no work well in any other position, so I suspect mounting it to the back of your seat would be the best option. Too keep the water cooler longer you might want to look at getting a cheap pack to keep it in, then secure the pack to your seat.
    Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
    Lime Slayer 10

Comment

I have a few camelbacks I kept from when I was in the service. Cleaned them out and started using them on the kayak. The long drinking tube comes in handy when you can place the bladder to the side or behind you and drink while you paddle. I'd look into something with a similar feature. On really long trips I bring a collapsible 64oz bladder. That's pretty useless until you get out of the kayak though.
      -Jon
      Revo 13

Comment

I have a Surf to Summit Expedition seat that came with a storage pouch, the pouch mounts behind the seat. This pouch holds my water bladder. I then snake the drinking tube through the seat straps so that it is accessible to me while I'm on the water. Simple, no frills, just works.
        -manny

Hobie Outback
        Wilderness Systems 130T
        Hobie Outfitter

Comment

Working...
        X