Pohick Bay on Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pohick Bay on Monday

Gonna hit it after work tomorrow if anyone is interested. Mini snakehead hunt & LM bass. I expect to get there about 5pm pending stupid NoVA traffic!

Might not hit the water until closer to 6 but I'm game... Was out there the other night and caught a couple nice bass on a frog but no snakeheads.
    2010 Hobie Outback

Comment

I hope to hit Tues or Wed evening. Hope the heat doesn't turn them off too much.
      Jim

Hobie Outback
      TKAA member
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Good luck!

I did go to Pohick yesterday and fished for snakeheads all morning. Used plastic frogs and caught nothing. I did see several big fishes, including a large snakehead nestled in the weeds. His mid body, maybe 4+ inches diameter, was exposed. It got spooked and bee-lined into the heavy undergrowth.
        2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Tufnik i would urge you to come out tomorrow. We were there yesterday night and cleaned up. No snakeheads but they are there. Bring rage toads!
          www.anglerswithoutborders.com
          Travel. Explore. Fish.

Comment

Capt Mike Starrett of Indian Head Charters nailed a 30" 17lb snakehead in Mattowoman Creek yesterday. We're gonna need bigger kayaks!

Will be chasing after 'em tonight. Hope to see you guys...
            Attached Files

Comment

WHAT?! I was going to go in the morning but decided to sleep in... Bet it put up a nice fight.
              2010 Hobie Outback

Comment

omg! Now that's what I want to catch some day.
                2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Whoa, killer snakeheads! With all the video cameras among those in the forum, we could make a movie.

Comment

No snakeheads tonight. Several were spotted and several more followed baits but no takers. Everyone picked a few LM bass. I had 6 with the biggest going maybe 2.5-3lbs. Jack got a good one of maybe 4lbs. Sorry no pics. Left the camera home. Plenty of blow ups on topwater frogs. Fun evening on the Potomac.

Comment

Working...
                    X