Upper potomac for meet and greet on June 11th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upper potomac for meet and greet on June 11th

Hi ,I posted this also on the fresh water forum.We are supposed to have a meet and greet next saturday.Right now the river is predicted to go to over 5 feet on sunday. It has to drop to around 2.5 feet or less to be fun for fishING so weds or thurs will tell.If the water is too high we will try for the 18 th of june . Anyone who is interested please post .will keep you all informed.Rich
    Rich, Valley Mill Boats Kayak Fishing Team ,
    Jackson Kayaks, BigTuna, Big Rig , Coosa

Can't make it the 11th but maybe the 18th. Usually I don't fish for largemouth or smallmouth bass, especially not from a kayak, so it would def be a fun experience.

Comment

I am out of town on the 11th but would be free on the 18th. I am dying to try fishing up there but am somewhat apprehensive to try river yaking without someone to show me the ropes.
      Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
      Lime Slayer 10

Comment

Potomac river leval prediction for tues 8+ feet not looking good gang ,very frustrating

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bunnielab View Post
          I am out of town on the 11th but would be free on the 18th. I am dying to try fishing up there but am somewhat apprehensive to try river yaking without someone to show me the ropes.
          It's nothing to be apprehensive about. Very relaxing and much less stressful then saltwater in general. You will drag some rocks here and there if not careful. I have the same boat as you and they do fine on the Potomac. If the M&G ends up not happening drop me a PM and we can possibly plan a future float.

Comment

Originally posted by monocacykayak View Post
            Potomac river leval prediction for tues 8+ feet not looking good gang ,very frustrating

Any possibility that it will end up being the 18th if the river stays bad this week or will that not work for you Rich?

Comment

I've been looking forward to this one since last year, it was by far the meet and greet of the year for me. Hope the river comes down Rich hosted a great event!

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
              Tan-Tarpon 140
              Lime-Pelican Matrix
              Yellow-Scrambler XT

Comment

I think the 18th could work for me the darn rain needs to stop

Comment

I'm keeping an eye on this. If I come would I be better off with my hobie outback or a smaller old town sit in kayak?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by brianisoutside View Post
                    I'm keeping an eye on this. If I come would I be better off with my hobie outback or a smaller old town sit in kayak?

Take the sit in. Better boat for the conditions and you won't have to worry about scraping some rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by monocacykayak View Post
                      I think the 18th could work for me the darn rain needs to stop

Not trying to pressure you and I know you have plenty to do. Just want to keep my Saturday the 18th open in case it gets kicked back a week. Hopefully things will improve soon and it will all come together.

Comment

Hey just a fyi the Maryland Chapter of heros on the water has the 18th of June set for a river float trip out of Brunswick as well. Might not be a bad deal if that's the case, there will be a LOT of kayak on the river that day.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
                        Tan-Tarpon 140
                        Lime-Pelican Matrix
                        Yellow-Scrambler XT

Comment

Weather is really looking good for this week. Any news on if the river is on a downward trend?

Comment

Not too much chance of rain in the weather report.

Comment

11th it might be tight but Thursday night will tell where we stand for Saturday love to see it 3 or less for less experienced guys and youngsters

Comment

Working...
                              X