Patuxent Fishing report and Kayak Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patuxent Fishing report and Kayak Setup

I was able to fish the Patuxent River and caught a couple of keeper croakers. I kept three croakers that ranged from 10-13 inches. Caught a Rockfish off of BKD's but the biggest was only 18 inches. I became the Toad fish whisper catching about 20 of them. It was a good trip and I just learned of downed structures so hope to capitalize next go around.

I added a couple of pics which shows me using my 32" scuba net bag to keep the fish alive until it's time to leave. I also keep my bottom rig weights and hooks in a empty grated cheese jar because its easy to access and it fits in my cup holder. 20160607_155433.jpg20160607_160707.jpg20160607_160655.jpg

I am sorry we missed each other today. I launched out of the Solomon's pier this morning at 6am was off at 930am, before the winds picked up. Good report and nice croaker, my biggest today was just 11 inches. But it is fun catching those little rascals

Yak67
    2015 Hobie PA-14
    2016 Hobie Outback LE #217

Comment

Ive caught about 1000 croakers thos past week. About 50 perch, but only a handful of keeper rockfish. I am only keeping the perch, and crabs when i see them
      Native Watercraft Pro Staff
      2016 Native Watercraft Slayer Propel 13 Lizard Lick

2016 CCA MD "BLUE CAT" Tournament 2nd place
      33rd MSSA "THE CHAMPIONSHIP" Tournament 1st place
      2016 Curley's White Perch Tournament 1st place

Comment

So croaker are pretty prolific in most of the bay tribs now? If so, that's good to hear. Really want to catch a bunch soon

Comment

Originally posted by yakscientist View Post
          So croaker are pretty prolific in most of the bay tribs now? If so, that's good to hear. Really want to catch a bunch soon
          Im not sure about everywhere, but they are in southern maryland
          Native Watercraft Pro Staff
          2016 Native Watercraft Slayer Propel 13 Lizard Lick

2016 CCA MD "BLUE CAT" Tournament 2nd place
          33rd MSSA "THE CHAMPIONSHIP" Tournament 1st place
          2016 Curley's White Perch Tournament 1st place

Comment

Originally posted by MikeFC View Post
            I was able to fish the Patuxent River and caught a couple of keeper croakers. I kept three croakers that ranged from 10-13 inches. Caught a Rockfish off of BKD's but the biggest was only 18 inches. I became the Toad fish whisper catching about 20 of them. It was a good trip and I just learned of downed structures so hope to capitalize next go around.

I added a couple of pics which shows me using my 32" scuba net bag to keep the fish alive until it's time to leave. I also keep my bottom rig weights and hooks in a empty grated cheese jar because its easy to access and it fits in my cup holder. [ATTACH=CONFIG]19110[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19111[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19112[/ATTACH]
            I keep my rigs in a "Working hands" round green container. It sure keeps them ready and not a tangled mess. The scuba bag idea sure beats my stringer. I gotta get one.

John
            John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
            MK Endura Max 55 backup power
            Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

Working...
            X