St. Michaels - Miles River

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Michaels - Miles River

Has anyone had any luck with Rockfish on the Miles River near St. Michaels? Or Oak Creek and/or San Domingo Creek? I was thinking about going over there tomorrow morning and launching at Oak Creek.

Caught nothing but dink rockfish on the Severn yesterday between the bridges, but it was fun nonetheless!

As always, thanks!
    Jim McFalls
    MSG US Army Retired
    US Army Field Band Jazz Ambassadors Class of 1998

2018 Hobie Revo 13 - Sea Grass
    2015 Elie Coast 120XE Angler - Yellow/White
    2015 Pelican Unison 136t Tandem - Orange/White
    Instagram - @jmcfalls1960
    YouTube - Jimbo the Fishin' Musician

ive fished about a mile above miles river and have caught rock the past 2 weeks. keepers mixed in?
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks man, great news!!
      Jim McFalls
      MSG US Army Retired

Comment

I have a friend who lives walking distance to the San Domingo Creek launch. My sense is, that far up he creek would be almost all perch. Might be good for crabbing too.

If I am over that way I'd just as soon go 20 min more to Black Walnut Point at the southern tip of Tilghman Island, or Dogwood Harbor. That puts you hard on the Choptank in big water near the mouth, but there's also wind cover inside the point.

There's a second launch near the mouth of Eastern Bay/Miles River up another creek closer to St Michaels I can't recall the name of. Check the state web site that lists all public launches by county.

Comment

I forgot, there's also Lowe's Wharf, a private bar/restaurant/small hotel hard on the Bay just eas of Poplar Island. I actually had my best luck there of any launch near St Michael's; trolling quarter/half ounce jigs/gulps in shallows near the Jettys heading south out of the launch.

Paul is the manager and only charges $5 a launch. The tiki bar is quite convenient for re-hydration after a hard day fishing!

Comment

Lowe's Wharf! Yes indeed, a great hang. My wife and I spent an afternoon there last summer...
            Originally posted by Fishinfool View Post
            I forgot, there's also Lowe's Wharf, a private bar/restaurant/small hotel hard on the Bay just eas of Poplar Island. I actually had my best luck there of any launch near St Michael's; trolling quarter/half ounce jigs/gulps in shallows near the Jettys heading south out of the launch.

Paul is the manager and only charges $5 a launch. The tiki bar is quite convenient for re-hydration after a hard day fishing!
            Jim McFalls
            MSG US Army Retired

Comment

Jim,

Some guys have also made the several mile paddle to Poplar Island and back from Lowe's. It's too much for me (about eight miles round trip, not including fishing), but it has been done. Ideally, a mother boat would take us out, and pick us up. There's great water/habitat around Poplar Island from what I hear.

Good luck. I see you are a musician. Let's get together sometime.

Comment

I would love to hang and fish! And, of course, re-hydrate afterward!

Jim
                Jim McFalls
                MSG US Army Retired

Comment

Lowes Wharf is a great place to launch and fish and the restaurant owner, Paul, is a great guy. According to the Meet and Greet Schedule, the July Meet and Greet will be at Lowes Wharf.

Comment

I'll check the date and if I can make, I will be there with bells on!
                    Jim McFalls
                    MSG US Army Retired

Comment

Working...
                    X