What levels would you consider safe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What levels would you consider safe?

I understand everyone's kayak skills varies and some like more action than others. I'm trying to compile a range of basic ideal river levels at each location that would be ideal for fishing and clarity. Please do chime in and share your opinions and thoughts. Most of my river fishing as been between Brunswick and Swains lock. I just make sure the little falls gauge is under 5 feet.

Point of Rocks: 2.5 feet? How high would you guys go? 3.5 feet?
    Paw Paw: 5.5 feet? any higher?
    Hancock: 4.5 feet?
    North Branch at Cumberland: 3.2 feet?

Hope to hear from you soon. I'm really itching to start our Cumberland to Swains lock trip asap. Possible as soon as this Sunday but willing to start as late as 24th.

Donnie
    Donnie

2012 Malibu Steath 14
    2013 Cuda 12

I can speak for brunswick to monocacy river 2- 2.5 at POR best for easy relax take your time fishing ,.Your drag chain usually will hold even in deeper water .Higher is fishable to 3.5 or so but you have to pay close attention to where you are floating .2.5 or less is very forgiving

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Rich, Valley Mill Boats Kayak Fishing Team ,
    Jackson Kayaks, BigTuna, Big Rig , Coosa

Comment

Originally posted by monocacykayak View Post
      I can speak for brunswick to monocacy river 2- 2.5 at POR best for easy relax take your time fishing ,.Your drag chain usually will hold even in deeper water .Higher is fishable to 3.5 or so but you have to pay close attention to where you are floating .2.5 or less is very forgiving

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
      Thanks appreciated the info.

Hoping others will chime in for the other areas.

Donnie
      Donnie

2012 Malibu Steath 14
      2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Working...
      X