Monday 20 th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday 20 th

Launching at ft. Smallwood Monday 7 am all welcome to join in.

How'd you do last time out there?
    2015 Hobie Outback
    2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

Weather prevented us from going out last week and went to beechwood instead. Caught
      Perch, pickerel, and small striped bass. Looking to get out of Ft. SMallwood if Mother Nature cooperates.

Comment

I'll be launching more than likely at Lapidum and fishing the Susquehanna.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldbayrunner View Post
          I'll be launching more than likely at Lapidum and fishing the Susquehanna.
          Good luck!!

Comment

On the fly (Harry), Tim (I’ve forgotten his screen name) and I launched this morning at Ft. Smallwood.
            Here they are:

A8.JPG

The wind cooperated and presented us with calm conditions.

Whenever I launch at Fort Smallwood I’m drawn to the White Rocks. I find their formations fascinating. I like to think of all the history and sailors that have passed close to them, including the British ships that bombed Ft. McHenry in September 1814.

Here are some views of the rocks:

A2.jpg A3.JPG A4.jpg A5.jpg

If I’m posting photos of rocks, you know I have no decent fish to show you. Actually I do but not on my Hawg Trough. See here:

A9.jpg

I saw lots of marks like those in the above photo always in 15 feet of water. I saw none in shallower water. And when I saw marks they were holding tight to the bottom. Every charter captain yapping on channel 68 noted the fish they caught were in 20 plus feet of water.

However, I did get this impressive striper:

A7.JPG

It’s a white perch by-catch that I am entering in the OGWLF 2016 smallest striper contest. I did catch five others that were more respectable schoolies in the 12 to 14 inch range. They hit the same spinner.

I did catch some white perch too. I got six or seven. Five were clones of this one:

A10.jpg

I got none over 8 inches.

And you have to wonder what this one was thinking:

A11.JPG

I caught it while trolling. Talk about biting off more than you can chew...

So that was it for me at Ft. Smallwood today. I had nothing impressive on the end of my line in roughly 4 hours of fishing except for a significant tug that stripped a lot of line as I was trolling my way back to the launch. I believe it may have been a CNR. I immediately went into break-off mode and surprisingly got my Rat-L-Trap back. That was a first. I’ve donated many Rat-L-Traps to CNRs. I must have just winged this one…
            Mark
            Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
            Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
            Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

I've seen several CNR being caught from shore near my place in Riviera Beach, they seem to be getting thick in the area unfortunately.
              2015 Hobie Outback
              2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

I did pick up a couple schoolie stripers and a couple nice perch but that is about it. Did see a CNR but pulled lines in in time to keep from hooking up. Other than the nice weather not a very productive day.

Comment

Working...
                X