Bowfishing!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowfishing!?

Hey does anyone bowfishing from there kayak I want to try it for snake head and carp advice is apreciated

Only way I would do it out of my hobie is if I had the h bar. Even then not sure I would

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

absolutely, there is not a better way to shoot them ugly slime suckers . my boys and I bowfish the tidal creeks around kent island from yaks and do really good . if you can stand on your kayak then you can bowfish from it .
      2016 Hobie Outback
      2014 Jackson Kilroy

Comment

I always have a bow with me when I'm out fishing. If I'm close enough to see it, I'm probably too close to catch it. But not shoot it. I've been able to shoot some blue cats and rays.

Comment

Originally posted by Noahtom View Post
          Hey does anyone bowfishing from there kayak I want to try it for snake head and carp advice is apreciated
          I made a standing bar...I hope to try it out this weekend...the post is in the dry dock section...super cheap, but stable. I started with a pretty stable kayak already though....some guys can shoot sitting down down though....a little bit of an elevated seat may be a simpler option....good luck.
          Hobie Outback
          Stand Up Paddle Board
          Pelican 100

Comment

As long as you eat what you shoot then yes, it's totally doable on a kayak. You can use a stakeout pole or something improvised to keep you steady until you get more used to shooting from your kayak.

Otherwise we should blowfish for you.
            Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
            Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
            https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Today I got my first snakehead with a bow. 7lb 12oz
              My first shot at one was a close shot. It was sitting on the edge of a small creek. Thought for sure I got it because it flailed like crazy. Nope.
              On the way out of the creek I spotted a snakehead with a gash on its head. So I did hit it! Just a little high. Took another close shot at it and missed. Found another one on the edge of a small creek. Missed that one too with lots of flailing.

While paddling back to the main creek I passed by one right next to me in deeper (1.5ft) water. Amazingly it didn't move, but I wasn't ready for a shot. I put the paddle down, picked up the bow, twisted my body 180 degrees around and by this time I was about 20ft past it and still moving some. But I could see it and took the shot. Direct hit center mass. And this one didn't go nuts like the ones I missed. This one was more docile than the one I caught with a horny toad.

Cut the gills and let it bleed out before taking the arrow out and putting it on my stringer for a bit before going in the cooler bag.
              Last edited by LoudounFisher; 06-30-2016, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X