Meet & Greets ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meet & Greets ???

My initial impressions, from reading the Meet & Greet posts, is that these are a great way for a newbee like myself to casually meet and introduce myself in person to a lot of great folks, learn, talk fishing and have some off-water fun all at the same time. If I am wrong please let me know.

I would like to attend the next Meet and Greet. Could someone tell me the who, what, when, where, why & hows of attending the next Meet & Greet.

Joe P

You're absolutely right!

Follow this thread for the next m&g info

http://www.snaggedline.com/boatyard/...ead.php?t=1389
    <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Hi Joe,

You are correct on all counts. It is a great way to meet other kayakers, go fishing, talk shop, and in most cases socialize over food and a cold one before or after the Meet and Great. It is informal, and allot of fun.....See you at the next one in August. Keep reading this forum for details as to times and locations.

Comment

Meet &amp; Greets???

"Stupid is as Stupid Does," I don't mean to sound "stupid," but I probably do asking these questions. I'll just blame it on senility and newbeeism.

Do attendees of the Meet & Greets bring their boats, fishing tackle & go fishing at a specified location during the Meet & Greet ? Or are the Meet & Greets non-boating & non-fishing events held shoreside in a casual resturant or bar ? I said I was an old newbee!

Joe P

Comment

Haha no worries! Generally, we just meet at a specified location, fish, and then eat after (sometimes before). No real requirements, if you'd rather fish longer then no reason not to!

Sometimes we all bring a new lure and throw it into the pot for the biggest target fish of the day. Hard to organize with a rolling start, but it was fun to have the possibility of a prize at the end. The last M&G would have been great for you, calm water and plenty of bass, catfish, and snakeheads!
          Used to fish more.

Comment

Originally posted by bhdpal View Post
            "Stupid is as Stupid Does," I don't mean to sound "stupid," but I probably do asking these questions. I'll just blame it on senility and newbeeism.

Do attendees of the Meet & Greets bring their boats, fishing tackle & go fishing at a specified location during the Meet & Greet ? Or are the Meet & Greets non-boating & non-fishing events held shoreside in a casual resturant or bar ? I said I was an old newbee!

Joe P
            Hey Joe welcome aboard ............ you're not far from me ...... I'm in Carney ....

Anyway, THe only stupid question is the 1 you DON'T ask ..........

On and Newbies buy the beer !!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
              Haha no worries! Generally, we just meet at a specified location, fish, and then eat after (sometimes before). No real requirements, if you'd rather fish longer then no reason not to!

Sometimes we all bring a new lure and throw it into the pot for the biggest target fish of the day. Hard to organize with a rolling start, but it was fun to have the possibility of a prize at the end. The last M&G would have been great for you, calm water and plenty of bass, catfish, and snakeheads!
              Yeah ......... but where's my prize ....... and what's with the rule change ........ it's always been the biggest fish of any species

Comment

No real rules, just have to have someone organize it. It didn't change, the last one I can remember was bay bridge last august when chuck took the prize on his first trip out. Bryan caught a massive cnr that would have won though. So I say target species... Snakehead were the target, so I guess I should say where is my prize heh heh heh?

Clearly the m&g's aren't about the prizes!
                Used to fish more.

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
                  Newbies buy the beer !!!!!!!
                  Yep!

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
                    Yeah ......... but where's my prize ....... and what's with the rule change ........ it's always been the biggest fish of any species
                    largest from the kayak not boat LOL

Comment

Working...
                    X