Hart-Miller Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hart-Miller Island

Playing around on google earth and saw Hart-Miller Island. It's only 90 minutes from me so I think it'd be a cool place to paddle out and camp at.

Anyone been out yonder before?
    Fishing this time of year?
    Might make the journey tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Zack
    Camo 2014 OK Trident Ultra 4.7
    Blue 2015 Ascend FS12T
    "WV RiverRat" on Youtube.

Originally posted by sega View Post
    Playing around on google earth and saw Hart-Miller Island. It's only 90 minutes from me so I think it'd be a cool place to paddle out and camp at.

Anyone been out yonder before?
    Fishing this time of year?
    Might make the journey tomorrow.

I'm staying right across from it at a shore house we rent out. Lots of boat traffic but early morning fishing has been good. If you do go out let me know. I don't know how camping is on the island but do know it's been busy this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

You don't want to paddle the area on the 4th. Unless you like crowds but there are way to many boats and drinking to feel safe. I fish that area often and can be good for perch and rock along the Rocky Point shore line. I got into a school of big rockfish just off the point 3-4 weeks ago in the evening. It can be very good in the morning and evening during the week when you just about have the entire area to yourself. The Hart-Miller campsites are on the north beach closest to the cut. There also five sights on Pleasure Island as well with all having picnic tables and fire rings. Good luck!
      Camo Hobie Pro Angler 12
      Camo Vibe Sea Ghost 130

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Lombardi View Post
        You don't want to paddle the area on the 4th. Unless you like crowds but there are way to many boats and drinking to feel safe. I fish that area often and can be good for perch and rock along the Rocky Point shore line. I got into a school of big rockfish just off the point 3-4 weeks ago in the evening. It can be very good in the morning and evening during the week when you just about have the entire area to yourself. The Hart-Miller campsites are on the north beach closest to the cut. There also five sights on Pleasure Island as well with all having picnic tables and fire rings. Good luck!
        It is an obscenely busy place this time of year with all the party boaters, that's for sure! There have been some fish caught in the area this past week.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Kokatat Pro Staff
        Torqeedo Pro Staff
        Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
        Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Yak Fish View Post
          It is an obscenely busy place this time of year with all the party boaters, that's for sure! There have been some fish caught in the area this past week.
          Ah yea I decided to skimp out. I can't stand crowds.

Zack
          Camo 2014 OK Trident Ultra 4.7
          Blue 2015 Ascend FS12T
          "WV RiverRat" on Youtube.

Comment

I have caught nice stripers around the rocky shoreline of HM. Some of the points of Pleasure island have nice rips when the tide is running. You can venture past Rocky Point in the Back River up by the golf course and there are several nice stone jetties that protect the shoreline that hold fish.

Comment

North of HM there is a shoal called middle river lumps caught and marked stripers there over the weekend. There were also rays and blues around.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X