First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Post

Sold my boat this last spring and finally purchased a kayak and couldn't be happier. Over the last few weeks I have been fishing the different creeks off the Patuxent for White perch and having a blast. I Love the ability to be able just put the kayak in the back of the truck and find all the new fishing grounds available. Glad I found this website and hope to be able to add to the many fishing reports here.

Welcome to the forum and he hobby.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Excellent! Loading a kayak is much easier than towing a boat around. What type of kayak did you purchase?

Comment

I love being able to pickup and move to a new area to fish. I bought a Ocean Kayak Malibu 2xl from a friend who hardly used it. I like the ability to add the 2nd seat if needed. I bought my son a smaller Pelican model and he loves going off on is own and bringing back the fish he has caught on his own.

Comment

Welcome to the Best and most Informative Kayak site I have found!

eyedaddy

Comment

Welcome Keith, I'm in St Mary's and assume you are as well based on where you fish. I get out frequently ( retirement has advantages) targeting mostly stripers but will go after perch when they aren't cooperating. Let me know if you want to go out some morning. I fish most spots down here and very familiar with most.
            Mike
            Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Sounds good Mike, I'm always looking to fish somewhere new and learn some new tactics. I'm gonna to try fishing late Friday morning for WP with high tide at 1130. I've been patiently waiting for the schools to show up around Cedar point in the evenings. Can't wait to catch something with size from my kayak.

Comment

This time if year only mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the mid-day sun. I'm normally on the water by 5:30 and off by 9:30 this time of year. Much better fishing, especially for WP in the shade, and miss the majority of the heat.
                Mike
                Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

I'm the same way, just the only window I have to fish Friday. Hopefully the perch will be on the shady side of the creek!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X