Deer Creek launch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deer Creek launch

Has anyone launched at the mouth of Deer Creek at Susquehanna State Park recently? Is the trail down to the water clear? Heard from a neighbor awhile back that it was blocked by a downed tree.
    Mike

2015 Hidden Oak Slayer Propel 10

It was still blocked the other day, plus the water right now is really low so it is best to launch by the mill or at Lapidum.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Will launch out of Lapidum then not too bad of run up that way (if I can convince my buddy to go that far up)
      Mike

Comment

That Deer Creek launch sucks even without a tree blocking it.
        Native Slayer 12
        Native Ultimate

Comment

Originally posted by mi327 View Post
          Thanks for the info. Will launch out of Lapidum then not too bad of run up that way (if I can convince my buddy to go that far up)
          since there will be two, if you take two cars leave one at lapidum and launch up at Conowingo then fish from there down. I've been catching a lot of Smallies with an occasional Walleye lately.

Comment

Tree is cut enough to launch
            Snow Camo Lure 11.5
            Pod mounted 30lbs trolling motor
            Hummingbird Helix 5
            Kayak fishing and inviting! Doing what I love!

Comment

Thanks for all the information my friend bailed so I didn't do a float down. Instead I launched out of Lapidum and worked my way up river. Did decent on smallies, but headed in once the heat/boat traffic picked up.
              Mike

Comment

Working...
              X