New Jackson Flex Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Jackson Flex Drive

I hope all the Jackson Fans out there saw the new Trailer for the Coosa HD Flex Drive that's coming soon! Ive been in the Market for a Hobie for quite some time now to go hand and hand with my Cuda12. But this might potentially be my next move. I will have to demo one! If anyone else has any information on the Coosa FD let us all know under this thread!
    Zach Bennett
    Linthicum MD
    2014 Hobie Outback
    Instagram: YakinZak
    Youtube: YakinZak
    Email: Yakinzak@gmail.com

Really looking forward to see how this drive is set up, from the video it looks like he just beached the kayak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Desert Camo- Moken 14
    Tan- Tarpon 140

Comment

JACKSON KAYAK INTRODUCES HIGHLY INNOVATIVE FLEX DRIVE SYSTEM

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...8&share_type=b

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Desert Camo- Moken 14
      Tan- Tarpon 140

Comment

I've never tested a full pedal drive. Having a reverse would be cool, but I generally can keep the paddle on my lap for reverse, even while using the Hobie mirage... Looking forward to see it in action... Ergonomics will be the key... It seems there is way more movement needed to revolve the pedals, more and higher knee movement.
        Hobie Outback
        Stand Up Paddle Board
        Pelican 100

Comment

I have really bad knees- My Ortho surgeon wants to replace both knees..bone on bone...had a Baker climbing tree stand collapse 20 feet in the air-I was one of the ten thousand of the class action product liability lawsuits against Baker before they declared bankruptcy and left us all holding the bag with attorney fees, long term injuries insurance would not pay due to 3rd party liability lawsuits- really bad deal...the stair stepping design of the Hobie Mirage Drive works for me- I cannot ride a bike due to stress on knees- the rotating motion is the culprit...
          "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
          2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
          "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
          Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

That stinks Ron. Knee replacement is a painful ordeal, the rehab anyway. Good luck to you if opt to do it. I'm quite content for now with the flutter motion using the mirage for skinny water.... But some of the newer pedal systems with propellars have adjustable pitch props to really get a bite.... But still require the full rotational movement.... The back and forth of the Hobie is ideal for me.... If they marry that with a propellar and clutch type system so the back.stroke doesn't cause movement, only. The forward strike, I'd be in....
            Hobie Outback
            Stand Up Paddle Board
            Pelican 100

Comment

Yeah, I know- the corporation bankruptcy laws suck in the USA- as do any semblance of consumer protection laws- the USA is owned and operated by the Koch Brothers and their 1% brethren...

I have had four knee operations- 2 on each knee- the last one was to remove fragments of the ACL on my right knee- so I do not have a ACL in my right knee or a MCL in my left knee making both pretty unstable- it is critical that I keep good muscle tone to maintain my knees- the Hobie stair stepping design is darn near a perfect exercise for that along with 100 straight leg lifts daily on each leg...in the heat of the summer staying hydrated is a problem- if you get dehydrated you get God-awful leg cramps, so drinking lots of water or Gator Aide is important, but staying hydrated causes another problem- urination in a Hobie is not a simple hang it over the side and go proposition...so carrying a "pee bottle" is another issue us old geezers have...
              "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
              2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
              "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
              Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

you will be able to demo this boat at Valley mill boats as soon as it is released

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                Rich, Valley Mill Boats Kayak Fishing Team ,
                Jackson Kayaks, BigTuna, Big Rig , Coosa

Comment

I wonder how it will compare to the existing propel kayaks out here.

Comment

i love jackson as a brand high quality for a good price i love the coosa hd. but like the other peddle drives out there nothing is touching the mirage drive its design is flawless. its fast strong and just so simple.

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
                      Yeah, I know- the corporation bankruptcy laws suck in the USA- as do any semblance of consumer protection laws- the USA is owned and operated by the Koch Brothers and their 1% brethren...

I have had four knee operations- 2 on each knee- the last one was to remove fragments of the ACL on my right knee- so I do not have a ACL in my right knee or a MCL in my left knee making both pretty unstable- it is critical that I keep good muscle tone to maintain my knees- the Hobie stair stepping design is darn near a perfect exercise for that along with 100 straight leg lifts daily on each leg...in the heat of the summer staying hydrated is a problem- if you get dehydrated you get God-awful leg cramps, so drinking lots of water or Gator Aide is important, but staying hydrated causes another problem- urination in a Hobie is not a simple hang it over the side and go proposition...so carrying a "pee bottle" is another issue us old geezers have...
                      Maybe I'm alone, but I just Wizz into the pedal well, couple of pedal pumps and it's replaced with clean water
                      Hobie Outback
                      Stand Up Paddle Board
                      Pelican 100

Comment

Working...
                      X