Tautogs at Bay Bridge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tautogs at Bay Bridge?

Anyone catch tautogs along the BB pilings?
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Never heard of catching them this far up the bay

Comment

I have not heard of them being caught by the Bay Bridge (the one near Annapolis) either. The salinity is probably too low for them, either directly or by way of blocking their preferred food items.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

probably confused with Bay bridge and tunnel---they catch them there
        14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
        2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Glad I asked. Otherwise I'd be fishing off the pilings wondering why the heck I get no togs.

I saw a video of a bunch of guys catching togs off the wrecks not far from the CBBT. May have to plan a trip down there one day.

Comment

There are some massive oyster toads by the bay bridge up here right now. You'd probably hook some of those if you had!

Tog are fun, can't wait to try for them again!
            Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
            Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
            https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

I think there is a video or report of togs at the Woodrow wilson bridge rubble (artificial reef). I think that's down by point lookout though. Cant remember where i saw it. I have not heard of any togs any further north than that.

Comment

Didn't know what a oyster toad was so I googled it. Man, those things are ugly! Also known as toadfish.

Surprisingly, they are considered very good table fare and served in restaurants.

Comment

There are rumors of Tog at the Rt 50 Bay Bridge in Jan. and Feb. No one will ever officially spill those beans, so it will remain a rumor till you go catch one yourself. Seems possible though, they like cold water. Just needs to be salty.

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
                    Didn't know what a oyster toad was so I googled it. Man, those things are ugly! Also known as toadfish.

Surprisingly, they are considered very good table fare and served in restaurants.

toadfish are discusting looking. never tried one, probably never will but they are everywhere near the bridge pilons
                    Hobie Revolution 13
                    Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

haha, ever seen a monk fish or cod? oyster crackers are their little cousins. dont lip them

Comment

Originally posted by surfdog View Post
                        haha, ever seen a monk fish or cod? oyster crackers are their little cousins. dont lip them
                        ........ just give um a good ole Jimmy Houston kiss on the lips ......... and if ya had 1 too many Salty Dawg Lagers .......... slip em the tongue ...... .......:

Comment

Working...
                        X