Low Profile casting reels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Profile casting reels

Got a retirement present from a fishing buddy- a high-speed, low-profile Lews TS-1 Baitcaster- small, lightweight (6.7 oz.), easily palmed, yet has 14 pounds of drag...Thank you, Bill...

I loaded it with 30# Cabela's Ripchord II braid packed tight...was going with 15# but the thought of trying to pick out a backlash from that thin line made me reconsider and really-thirty is still pretty thin line- reel held right at 175 yards of 30, so line capacity shouldn't be a concern...put it on a Quantum Lite 6'6" medium rod I had sitting out in the workshop to try it out sometime next week...never can have enough tackle...
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
    Got a retirement present from a fishing buddy- a high-speed, low-profile Lews TS-1 Baitcaster- small, lightweight (6.7 oz.), easily palmed, yet has 14 pounds of drag...Thank you, Bill...

I loaded it with 30# Cabela's Ripchord II braid packed tight...was going with 15# but the thought of trying to pick out a backlash from that thin line made me reconsider and really-thirty is still pretty thin line- reel held right at 175 yards of 30, so line capacity shouldn't be a concern...put it on a Quantum Lite 6'6" medium rod I had sitting out in the workshop to try it out sometime next week...never can have enough tackle...
    Your love it I love all my Lews reels hell I use them More then my t3 reels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
    X