Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Janes Island Meet and Greet

Is anybody hosting this event ?
    Since I cant find a thread, lets start this thread to see who is going ? Kind of an official unofficial thread.
    If no one is hosting -- I will be there camping and can make arrangements with the local seafood shack that's only a mile or so from Janes island state park gate.

please add your name plus if your fishing only or fishing and joining us for lunch

Thanks
    Plastic boat - AKA Jeff

When is this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi Jeff, Rich is the official host, but it is a good idea that you posted this thread to keep all of the August M&G together. Since the M&G is Saturday August 13, I see no issue with making this the official M&G Thread for August 13th. Once Rich sees it, he may chime in on it.

Just to get things started I noticed the follow Anglers said that they are going to the M&G. Many decided to get a campsite. Maybe if everyone does not mind, they can chime in with their campsite location so we know where every is located incase anyone wants to go visiting with other Snaggedliners.

Rich " Monocacykayak" - Arriving on the 12th
      Jeff "Plasticboat" - Arriving on the 11th
      Dana "Coop1486" - Arriving on the 12th
      Teddy "QDawgyaker" - campsite loop C 29 - Arriving on the 12th
      Jon "WhenIcan" - Arriving on the 13th
      Mike "MikeMike"
      Martin "MOC"
      "Oldbayrunner" - campsite loop C 71 - Arriving on the 11th
      "Zbennett9" - Arriving on the 13th
      Ron "Ronaultmtd" - Somers Cove Motel - Arriving on the 13th
      Ron "PA Angler425"
      "LivinTheDream" - Arriving on the 10th
      Mark - "FishingGeek" - Local Motel - Arriving on the 13th

Janes Island
      26280 Alfred J Lawson Dr, Crisfield, MD 21817
      (410) 968-1565

Launching as Rich mentioned from the Janes Island Boat Launch. There is a small fee for the launch if you are not camping there. It is in the $5 to $10 range. I will let others respond at the actual cost. Typically launch times from previous M&G were somewhere between 6:30am and 7:00am. But this could be changed by the host depending on the fishing species available that might desire a earlier launch such as 5:30am.
      Last edited by moc; 08-10-2016, 10:01 AM.

Comment

This Saturday 8/13

Originally posted by brianisoutside View Post
        When is this?

Comment

I am recommending We eat at "The seafood shack". It isn't a fancy place like most of the restaurants in Crisfield. It is just good seafood at a reasonable price. You order at the counter inside the store and they will bring it to you inside their screened in table area. They will be fine with us smelly, sweaty dirty fishermen having lunch there.

I am not Shure what it's official name is. I will check Thursday when I check into the campground.

If this place is OK with those going I will be glad to make the arrangements.
          It has to be a good place Coop gives it a 2 thumbs up rating

Comment

Rich said that there have been reports of speckled seatrout being caught. Since this location is near Crisfield, MD the crab capital of the world, I plan on probably crabbing on Saturday from the campsite, depending on the winds and weather. If crabbing is good and I catch enough, then we can always have a late afternoon crab picking at a Snaggedliner's campsite. If I get enough crabs, then bring something to share with everyone and enjoy.
            Last edited by moc; 08-08-2016, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by moc View Post

Launching as Rich mentioned from the Janes Island Boat Launch. There is a small fee for the launch if you are not camping there. It is in the $5 to $10 range. I will let others respond at the actual cost. Typically launch times from previous M&G were somewhere between 6:30am and 7:00am. But this could be changed by the host depending on the fishing species available that might desire a earlier launch such as 5:30am.
              Not sure if it has changed from last fall but it was, even if you were camping and you were launching from the cement boat launch you needed to pay a $7.00 or $9.00 OOS fee. The plastic kayak launch was free. Military Veterans receive a 50% discount and Golden Age Passholders do not have to pay any launch fees at any state park in MD.

As I mentioned in the sticky thread I will be at Loop C site 71.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldbayrunner View Post
                Not sure if it has changed from last fall but it was, even if you were camping and you were launching from the cement boat launch you needed to pay a $7.00 or $9.00 OOS fee. The plastic kayak launch was free. Military Veterans receive a 50% discount and Golden Age Passholders do not have to pay any launch fees at any state park in MD.

As I mentioned in the sticky thread I will be at Loop C site 71.

I have camped there for several years and never had to pay for ramp fee.Now if you're not camping then there is a fee.
                2012 hobie outback
                2016 feelfree lure 11.5

Comment

Originally posted by plastic boat View Post
                  Is anybody hosting this event ?
                  Since I cant find a thread, lets start this thread to see who is going ? Kind of an official unofficial thread.
                  If no one is hosting -- I will be there camping and can make arrangements with the local seafood shack that's only a mile or so from Janes island state park gate.

please add your name plus if your fishing only or fishing and joining us for lunch

Thanks
                  Plastic boat - AKA Jeff
                  Not 100% sure, but I am really wanting to go...tides look perfect for Saturday and I have had this place on my list of "want to try" places for some time...I am 75% sure I will be there- if so I will join you for a late lunch around 1 pm...
                  "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                  2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                  "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                  Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Tides for Friday and Saturday are as follows:

Friday
                    High Tide - 8:11 am, 8:54 pm
                    Low Tide - 2:41 am, 2:44 pm

Saturday
                    High Tide - 9:08 am, 9:50 pm
                    Low Tide - 3:41 am, 3:40 pm

Comment

You guys should do well. Hopefully our water temps have fallen a little in the past few weeks. They were in the 90's and the shallows around Crisfield had been a wasteland. For those who are interested in other launch locations....below is a map I created for the CCA Tournament and last M&G we had in Crisfield. It shows a lot of great launch locations around the area. If I can join you all, I will. I have some tentative plans for Saturday that include helping a family member move into a new business, so unless something changes, I likely won't be able to make it. If I make it out this week after work, I'll post a report. Good luck all.

Deale Island 1 - Wynonaa, MD Launch. Provides access to the Manokin and Little Deale Island.

Deale Island # 2 - Provides access to the Manokin River.

Rumbley, MD launch - Provides access to the Manoking River to the north and the Big Annemessex to the south.

Crisfield, MD #1 - Provides access to the Big Annemessex river.

Crisifeld # 2 - Janes Island launch.

Crisifield, # 3 - Somers Cover marina launch, Easy access to Janes Island and main stem of the bay.

Crisifeld # 4 Jenkins Creek - Access to the main stem of the bay and possibly pocomoke sound (about a 5 mile paddle)

Saxis, VA - Pocomoke Sound

Hobie Fishing Team Member
                      Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
                      2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by coop1486 View Post
                        I have camped there for several years and never had to pay for ramp fee.Now if you're not camping then there is a fee.
                        It seems I was given the wrong information when I stayed there last fall. I called a few minutes ago, you are correct if you are staying there there is no fee to launch a kayak from the boat launch. So sorry folks I was misinformed.

Comment

Made reservations at Somers Cove Motel to spend Saturday nite- figure I will be too tired after an early morning 3 hour drive from Southern Maryland and fishing 5-6 hours...so I am definitely coming-
                          "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                          2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                          "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                          Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

I'm relatively a new to kayaking and plan on being there to fish.

Comment

Additionally, if you have the Maryland State Parks Passport($75 annual fee) then your launch is free as is your entrance to any MD state Park... Just saying.

Comment

Working...
                              X