Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chesapeake Beach 8/13

Hey All,

The wife has informed me that we are visiting relatives down in Chesapeake Beach on Saturday. Decided, I might as well bring the outback and get some fishing in while she does the family stuff. Was reading up on the area from older posts but wanted to see if anyone had any tips/suggestions/ideas. Also, if anyone would care to join me, i would love the company. Never fished that far south, and still relatively new to larger waters. Thanks!

Tptman

You can launch from North Beach, they open at sunrise. have to carry from parking (30-100')
    Quite shallow till you get out 1/2-1 mile, it's been a year or so, but hit some croakers and small rocks about 1 mile out.
    Captian of the plastic Navy
    1 - Mad River Canoes
    1- Tarpon 120
    1- Redfish 10
    1- Coosa HD
    2- Cuda 12
    1- Slayer Propel 10

http://reoservicesofmaryland.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Slackdaddy View Post
      You can launch from North Beach, they open at sunrise. have to carry from parking (30-100')
      Quite shallow till you get out 1/2-1 mile, it's been a year or so, but hit some croakers and small rocks about 1 mile out.
      Do a Google search for "Rose Haven Park" and it will give you a better option of where to park and launch if you are considering North Beach - it's easier than the public beach launch in North Beach town.
      Rose Haven is just next to Herrington Harbour. Unfortunately, Herrington Harbour is a private resort and does not allow non-members access.

Another place you can try is Breezy Point beach/marina. Breezy is just a few minutes drive south of Ches Beach and it affords you a short pedal/paddle to 15-25 FOW from the launch point (I would check the winds though).
      -manny

Hobie Outback
      Wilderness Systems 130T
      Hobie Outfitter

Comment

Caught many monster rock during the spring trophy season about 3 miles east of the Rod n Reel marina, just moving back and forth along the main channel, trolling tandems. That was from a boat though, but you could easily pedal the 3 miles out there and just troll E-W and then back W-E for a few hours. Tyler's tackle shop/crabhouse is right in Chesapeake beach before you get to the marina, and they can def hook you up with any tackle you might need. We bought a tandem setup from a bin on the counter and within a half hour of trolling, that was the one to get the fish. But again, that was during a totally different season, and now it seems most of the rockfish are concentrated farther north.

Comment

Working...
        X