have we been hacked??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• have we been hacked??

there are a couple of post that look to be in Arabic or something.
    Suspicious.

I don't think anyone should open them
    ORANGE NATIVE MANTA RAY 11

Sadly, a daily occurrence.

Comment

Bots. Same thing happened on the tapatalk app. Random posts in various languages.
      WOOD DUCK 12

Comment

that's unfortunate
        ORANGE NATIVE MANTA RAY 11

Comment

The Admin's need to learn how to country code block in their htaccess file.
          I am not directly familiar with the site's program... but very familiar with using htaccess files.
          Here's one link for the Admins it's a little old.. but maybe help them get started
          http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...-bots?t=275800

And more directly from 2013 which isn't that old.. Spam-O-Matic - Spam Firewall stops forum spam
          http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=248042

For my websites I have plugins that I can easily block huge amounts of Ip Adressess..
          And there are other websites that have Country code Ip Adresses that Admins can drop into their htaccess file to block.
          Having a huge htaccess file doesn't slow down the website. Mine are super big.

While not directly familiar with the plugin I do know that when a person posts (or bot) the Ip address is available.

Blocking by Country works.. but unfortunately some American hosting companies are very lenient... and blocking U.S. Ip Addresses is a little tricker because there might be a legitimate U.S. user.
          BUT.... these unscrupulouse U.S. Hosting companies, do become known... and blocking them is not hard either, and specficly, not a real person but a "bot."

There are other methods... like blocking User Agents.. most notable ones that are just Java... or similar... and Amazons AWS'type' are 99.99999 % scrapper bots. (Looking for emails and vulnerabilities).

If perhaps.. the Admins don't know... checking Ip Addresses with a website like...
          Project Honeypot http://www.projecthoneypot.org/search_ip.php will often reveal quick info.
          I hard code a lot of my websites with links on the Ip Address so I can quickly check.

Using a Captcha for registration should be used... and I think one of the links above talks about that.

I thought one of the Admins knew how to do this stuff... and if not, well.. there's some links to help them get on the way.
          Searching Google for Country code Ip Address is simple enough for the htacess file.

I guess.. if the Admins need some help they can PM me... but I don't want direct access to FTP, or any Admin privileges etc etc etc...

If I was using this software... well my personal touches would already be available and I could just send over the files. But as I don't use the software... I unfortunately don't have the time for "hard" coding examples.

Good luck guys... I know it's a pain in the arse.

Comment

When I hit on some of the forums, a UA(Under Armor) page pops up, instead of the forum I clicked on. Anyone else getting this issue.

Just got a new desk top for surfing, I don't want it to get fried so soon

Yak67

2016 Hobie Outback LE#217

Comment

we are aware of it and trying to control it, but our "IT department" has been out of town.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X