Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standard Horizon HX870 VHF

Gents,

I unintentionally gave this puppy the float test and am extremely pleased. Rinsed off and it seems good to go.

Anyone familiar with it's operation please drop me a pm. I could use some tutoring on a couple of fairly basic functions. The owner's manual seems to be written in Mandarin?

tight lines,
    ST

I have the hx750 s and love it and it also floats.

Comment

Scott,

You're right about the radio being a quality piece of gear. You're also right about the manual. I have the HX851 and it has GPS capabilities I've never used other than checking speed.

I will help you the best I can the next time I see you on the water. But the best thing I can recommend to you is to spend some time with it pushing keys. You'll learn much of its capability by trial and error. I programmed the emergency channels in it and the weather channels for fast access -- although I've forgotten precisely how I did that by now. Sometimes I lock it on 68 and other times I let it scan the programmed channels.

But it is indeed a nice radio. I pick up lots of chatter on it even from boats far away.
      Mark
      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

This video seems to be a good general overview of the radio and it's features.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6SwW2JmIN8
        Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
        Lime Slayer 10

Comment

I have the same radio. We'll talk
          Bruce

Hobie PA 14
          Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

I too have the same radio, and features it does not lack. Make sure you register the MOB feature as it might save your life one day. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions.
            2015 Hobie Outback
            2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

Working...
            X