X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you do with your catch ?

Stringer over the side ?
    Cooler in place of a milk crate ?
    Rigging my tarpon120, was going the milk crate route, but thought A decent cooler would fit there?

Let me know

Slack
    Captian of the plastic Navy
    1 - Mad River Canoes
    1- Tarpon 120
    1- Redfish 10
    1- Coosa HD
    2- Cuda 12
    1- Slayer Propel 10

http://reoservicesofmaryland.com/

When im alone, Stringer. However, I hooked my buddies kayak up with a full sized cooler with rod holders and ive got the tackle. This way we share the load and can keep the fish on ice.
    Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

I put a sam's bag with 10 lbs. of ice in the front hatch of my revo....it fits perfect and works great on fish up to 26".

Comment

Last time out I used a stringer and just hung it over the side. I think I prefer using the cooler in my rear storage area though. It's easier to toss a fiesty fish in the cooler with one hand than it is to put a feisty fish on a stringer.

Only thing is...a cooler is no good without ice. One more thing to stop to buy and load on the yak
        <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Nylon mesh bag over the side. Sometimes a plastic bag stuffed in the Trident rod pod compartment.
          2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
          2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
          2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

In winter and spring I use a stringer over the side. However, in my experience fish dont last that long on a stringer this time of the year. So in the summer I use a cooler filled with frozen water bottles.
            Ryan
            Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

typically, a soft cooler in the front hatch with a frozen 2L bottle of water...can fit a fish up to 32" or so, but it must be curled up to fit. can hold a bunch of smaller fish though. its fine for summer fishing.

cold spring, just lay it behind me on the deck, under a wet towel.
              sigpic

Comment

Stringer over the side then I chuck the fish into a cooler in my car when I get back. I usually don't need ice since I tend to keep my trips under an hour each way and the fish will still be fresh.
                2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

The majority of the time I place a stringer off the side of my Tarpon 120 and Revo. Sometimes I bring a Home Depot bucket/lid combo and place it in a milkcrate to store gear or fish. The problem with a stringer is that it causes drag on your kayak when you are moving from one location to another. So I would take the stringer and throw it in the bucket. Then when I get where I am going, I would throw the stringer of fish back into the water.

Comment

I use a 5gal bucket in my tankwell with a small block ice made from a half gallon milk container, then I ice them down in a cooler for the ride home once I get back in.

Comment

Sam's Club freezer tote with 10-16lbs of ice. I keep my food, water, and bait in there, too.
                      Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
                      Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Same here. Sam's freezer bag but I pack mine full of frozen water bottles and those kids icy pops. The first time I used the icy pops it was out of desperation but then I discovered how refreshing they were on those super hot days so now I pack them all the time.
                        Digital Livewell

Comment

Working...
                        X