Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry Suit - Stohlquist EZ vs. Kokotat Supernova

Hi,

I will be purchasing a dry suit at some point in the next 3 to 6 months. It looks there are two reasonably priced semi-dry suits (with the neoprene necks) that might work and have decent reviews. Both have an MSRP around $500, but I have found both for sale around $400 in the last three weeks or so. Does anyone have any feelings one way or the other? It seems like the more popular one might be the Kokatat, however, does anyone have experience with the Stohlquist?

Thanks so much,

Vince

I have a Kokatat Dry Top and Dry Pants. I love them. IMO, Kokatat is hard to beat.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
    Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
    2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Where did you find the suit so well priced?

Thanks,
      PudgyPrawn
      Ascend FS10

Comment

Hi,

On labor day, the supernova was $404 at outdoor play.com, see below link. It is now up to $500 again. At $404, if you join their club for $25 you get an additional 15% off. So, to the door price would have been $358. The EZ is on sale at austinkayak.com for $400. Their monthly email gave me 15% off, so that one to my door is $340. The Supernova at current price to my door is $454.

http://www.outdoorplay.com/Kokatat-M...FdgDgQodY4kPfQ

http://www.austinkayak.com/products/...FUMdgQoddgsBkA

Just wondering which one to get.

Comment

I think you will be pleased with the Supernova. Going on 3rd winter with mine.
          2013 WS Ride 135
          2015 WS Ride 115

Comment

Used the EZ dry suit this past winter. Could never get the neoprene neck and cuffs to stretch out. Had to resort to trimming it and cutting it some to get comfortable. The fit was good and knee padding area nice.

Good price, not much comfort. That is the key for a dry suit, or you will not want to wear it, which means you won't be able to fish in cold weather. My 2-Cents

Yak67
            2015 Hobie Outback LE#217

Comment

I have the EZ and used it two seasons now. The neck is snug like all dry suits new, but with a little paint can stretching is comfortable now. I have no experience with any other dry suit, but for kayak fishing it seems to do the job. I see no reason to drop $1000 on a dry suit that hopefully will never get used. If I was white water rafting I would start to consider a more premium option.
              2015 Hobie Outback
              2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

+1 Supernova as well. Love mine comfortable and have a lot of confidence if I fall in it will keep me dry.

Comment

Working...
                X