New England Albie Intel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New England Albie Intel?

I will be traveling up north in a couple of weeks to see my daughter in MA. After doing the family thing, I will be dropping my wife off to catch a train home on Wed, 10/6. I don't need to be back at work until 10/12. I am lucky enough to have a significant chunk of time(for me) to run around and chase fish without any commitments.

I plan to search for Albies and big bass in Cape Cod / Long Island waters. I know I want to hit Monomoy, on the Cape, and Orient Pt on the Island. Martha's Vineyard, Pt Judith and Block Island are all on my radar as well.

Has anyone heard any reliable reports from that region or have any bait shop connections that they would be willing to share? I have some folks I know that are guiding my way, but I would welcome any intel you might be free to share (via post or PM).

Thanks folks!

(Can you tell I am a little bit excited for this trip?!?)
    Bruce

Hobie PA 14
    Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Reach out to the guys on NEKF.com and see if they can help. Great group up there! Albies should be in RI/CT thicker and scattered in NY / MA.
    Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
    Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
    https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Craigesville on the south side of the cape has been hot this week, but not a secret. Best to fish midweek unless you enjoy company. Boaters everywhere. By mid October, Martha's Vineyard might be good. I was on a wedding anniversary in edgartown last year on derby weekend(Columbus day weekend) and they were catching them right from the fishing pier next to the chappy ferry. They were catching on live lined squid and epoxy jigs at first light. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The message above was for albies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
          Reach out to the guys on NEKF.com and see if they can help. Great group up there! Albies should be in RI/CT thicker and scattered in NY / MA.
          Thanks. I just reached out to some NEKF contacts I made last year and posted on the forum as well.
          Bruce

Hobie PA 14
          Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Just came from a weekend on MV. There were albies around but they are not thick yet and are eating very small bait. My buddy and I managed 3 between us in 2 days but they were all under 5 lbs. Just like Ron said the fishing up there will get better in October. I don't know much about the rest of the cape but MV has some ridiculous shore albie fishing when the fish are there. It is expensive to get to if you have to take your car over and you won't be there very long, but that is what keeps the crowds away.
            Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Been up in RI for the past few weeks. Went out to the Cape a couple weeks back. Found some albies, but struck out.

Have not seen any albies in RI yet, but tog bite is hot now. Caught a couple dozen yesterday and today. 20161007_114704.jpg

I will be heading back wed, but could probably do another trip before I leave. Shoot me a pm if you want to head over to RI.

Comment

Working...
              X