Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Somewhere between Pittsburgh and Richmond...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somewhere between Pittsburgh and Richmond...

should be a great spot for a day of kayak fishing. Being from South Carolina, I'm looking for a suggestion for a river or lake that you'd recommend for either smallmouth or stripers this weekend. Prefer VA as I'm already licensed there. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's a mighty big span to throw out there. I'm going to guess your in Richmond or DC area this weekend. I'd give Lake Anna a go - they have stripers if you don't want to try for them in the salt.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Somewhere between Pittsburgh and Richmond...

Try the Potomac. Lower tidal ends can reach you stripers, largemouth and snake head. Head further up towards point of rocks and west is good smallmouth fishing.
      And there is reciprocacy for the va license in md tidal waters. Look into the specifics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
        That's a mighty big span to throw out there. I'm going to guess your in Richmond or DC area this weekend. I'd give Lake Anna a go - they have stripers if you don't want to try for them in the salt.
        I'm interested in Lk Anna but wondered if this is a top water bite at daybreak and then deep jigging or trolling lead core after the sun gets up. Lk Hartwell is my home lake and stripers are still 45-60' during the day this time of year. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by brianisoutside View Post
          Try the Potomac. Lower tidal ends can reach you stripers, largemouth and snake head. Head further up towards point of rocks and west is good smallmouth fishing.
          And there is reciprocacy for the va license in md tidal waters. Look into the specifics.

Brian - The tidal trifecta sounds like a great way to spend a day. Is there a launch point that is close to attractive water for a yak fisherman? Thanks. Sean

Comment

I don't fish Lake Anna so I can't give you intel on the bite. What I've read is the fish are in the 20' range during the day with a top bite in the morning.
            Mike
            Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Originally posted by Mainline 9 View Post
              Brian - The tidal trifecta sounds like a great way to spend a day. Is there a launch point that is close to attractive water for a yak fisherman? Thanks. Sean

I don't fish down that way so I'm not much help for specifics. Try posting in the Maryland section.

Comment

Shenandoah....for sure..
                But best right now is probably the Juniata in PA. There are some stretches you can paddle up and down stream and also some options for being picked up and taken to your truck of you decide to drift

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk
                14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Originally posted by kevinfry View Post
                  Shenandoah....for sure..
                  But best right now is probably the Juniata in PA. There are some stretches you can paddle up and down stream and also some options for being picked up and taken to your truck of you decide to drift

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk
                  Kevin - Don't know that the Juniata would work on this visit but I am intrigued by small rivers with a livery/pick up service. Where can I find out more about this option? Thanks. Sean

Comment

http://www.bluemountainoutfitters.ne...ttle_rates.pdf

This is what I am aware of for the Juniata and other rivers in that area.

I assume there are some other similar services on lower Shenandoah but I don't know about them personally
                    14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                    2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Mallows Bay on the MD side of the Potomac. Largemouth, smallmouth, snakehead, big cats, and a bunch of really cool shipwrecks

Comment

Working...
                      X