New Heaver Ugly Stiks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Heaver Ugly Stiks

I know we have a few surf fishing guys here so I thought I'd share. Ugly Stik is now selling true heavers. They claim to be able to throw up to 12oz so this would be a great drum/shark/8nbait rod for the surf. Most heavers that can throw more than 8oz run you $150-$200, so if these can perform it'd be a great deal at a little under $80.

I'm going to order one today. If anyone is curious about how they perform I'll post back here once I can test it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Zack
    Camo 2014 OK Trident Ultra 4.7
    Blue 2015 Ascend FS12T
    "WV RiverRat" on Youtube.

Nice! Always loved ugly stiks, my regular one lasted years, and now I've replaced it with another one (not the gx2, don't really like the color scheme, got one of the previous yellow/black ones), and I'm running a bigwater with my larger baitrunner reel. Hoping to get an elite for the eventual "pricey" reel I'm going to pick up over the fall or winter, a shimano NASCI or symetre. My current surf rods are daiwa beefsticks, they definitely do the job, and are fairly cheap, not sensitive at all though (might be standard for surf rods), so braided line really helps feel the smaller nibbles of croaker and kingfish in NC.

Comment

Originally posted by yakscientist View Post
      Nice! Always loved ugly stiks, my regular one lasted years, and now I've replaced it with another one (not the gx2, don't really like the color scheme, got one of the previous yellow/black ones), and I'm running a bigwater with my larger baitrunner reel. Hoping to get an elite for the eventual "pricey" reel I'm going to pick up over the fall or winter, a shimano NASCI or symetre. My current surf rods are daiwa beefsticks, they definitely do the job, and are fairly cheap, not sensitive at all though (might be standard for surf rods), so braided line really helps feel the smaller nibbles of croaker and kingfish in NC.
      Yea I had a beef stick for a long time and loved it before the low lying tunnel at Fletcher's took her away from me. I just ordered a squall 15 for the heaver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Zack
      Camo 2014 OK Trident Ultra 4.7
      Blue 2015 Ascend FS12T
      "WV RiverRat" on Youtube.

Comment

Working...
      X