Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone camped at Floyd Bennet Field in J-Bay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone camped at Floyd Bennet Field in J-Bay?

I am hoping to head north next weekend to fish with a buddy in the metro NY area. I was hoping to camp in Atlantic Highlands near Sandy Pt, but all the sites are taken.

Has anyone camped at Floyd Bennet Field? I know the J-Bay tournament is based out of there, so I assume some of you must have.

I am trying to wrap my head around camping in such an urban setting.

Any thoughts / concerns?
    Bruce

Hobie PA 14
    Wilderness System, Thresher 155

https://www.nps.gov/gate/planyourvis...ound-Map-2.png

Mid you're tent camping try to get W39,40,41. Those are the closest to the launch. Bare bones sites. No electricity. Remove trash a lot. Those raccoons aren't afraid to open up bags for you. There are showers, not sure of the times.

I'm sure others will chime in soon.

Comment

It's an odd place indeed but it does the job for being so close to water. All the tent sites are pretty much the same in terms of setup, but the ones that echo pointed to are definitely the closest.

Shower times are odd, something like 10am to 3pm. And yes the raccoons aren't afraid to get into your business even if you are right there... LOL

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
      -Mustafa
      ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
      2016 Hobie Outback
      2012 Hobie Revolution 13
      "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Originally posted by echo5oscar View Post
        https://www.nps.gov/gate/planyourvis...ound-Map-2.png

Mid you're tent camping try to get W39,40,41. Those are the closest to the launch. Bare bones sites. No electricity. Remove trash a lot. Those raccoons aren't afraid to open up bags for you. There are showers, not sure of the times.

I'm sure others will chime in soon.
        Where are you trying to fish? Most of the action is moving outside quick.

Comment

I was thinking J-Bay, but plans are evolving.... My fishing buddy can't make it and the winds forecast have me re-evaluating the trip.

Originally posted by Memory Lapse View Post
          Where are you trying to fish? Most of the action is moving outside quick.
          Bruce

Hobie PA 14
          Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Originally posted by EMSer View Post
            I was thinking J-Bay, but plans are evolving.... My fishing buddy can't make it and the winds forecast have me re-evaluating the trip.
            You have mail.

Comment

Working...
            X