Find Your Chesapeake Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find Your Chesapeake Story

The National Park Service Chesapeake Bay published a story I wrote about kayak fishing and the Snaggedline forum. Thank you to everyone who answered my questions. Hopefully, this story will encourage more people to check out Snaggedline and get into kayak fishing.

https://www.findyourchesapeake.com/t...chesapeake-bay

Fantatic write-up! I see some familiar names!
    Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Nicely done.

Thank you.
      Mark
      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Very well written. I will def share this with a few of my friends who are thinking about getting into the sport.

Comment

Very nicely done!! Thank you, I will be passing on also to others I am trying to get into the sport / fun

Yak67
          2017 Hobe PA-12 Camo
          2016 Outback LE #217

Comment

Great article!

The more people get out on the water, in greater and greater numbers, the greater the number of people there will be to support a clean Chesapeake Bay, its tributaries, and all the clean businesses that provide the thousands of jobs that depend on a healthy Bay!
            Last edited by Fishinfool; 10-25-2016, 06:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BarefootPetr View Post
              The National Park Service Chesapeake Bay published a story I wrote about kayak fishing and the Snaggedline forum. Thank you to everyone who answered my questions. Hopefully, this story will encourage more people to check out Snaggedline and get into kayak fishing.

https://www.findyourchesapeake.com/t...chesapeake-bay
              Great write-up! And very true about the welcoming and friendly atmosphere on this site. The people on this site and few members I was able to meet in person are a great group of avid fishermen. They don't judge you on how you fish but congratulate you on your catch or help you if you have trouble catching. I love it!! And congrats on your article being published.

Comment

Agree with everything above. I can't imagine breaking into this sport without snaggedline. The learning curve isn't so daunting with the combined expertise on this site.

Comment

+1!

Originally posted by cryptotek View Post
                  Agree with everything above. I can't imagine breaking into this sport without snaggedline. The learning curve isn't so daunting with the combined expertise on this site.
                  Bruce

Hobie PA 14
                  Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Thank you for the nice write up and for noting he unique civility that this site exudes. As one of the first 30 or 40 members of this site and now a moderator I have seen this site grow fast and still manage to maintain the core values of promoting Chesapeake bay kayak fishing and local knowledge sharing. We've had a few launches burned over the years and often a few minor feuds between members as a result, but for the most part, this site is very unique when compared to other fishing forums or even other forums.
                    Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                    Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                    https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Nicely
                      2012 hobie outback
                      2016 feelfree lure 11.5

Comment

Very nicely written!

Martin's wife's "fishharmony.com" cracked me up!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
                        -Mustafa
                        ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
                        2016 Hobie Outback
                        2012 Hobie Revolution 13
                        "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Same here. When Martin said that over the phone I laughed and I knew that line was going in the story

Comment

Cool little write up! Thanks for sharing. It'll be interesting to see if it leads to an increase in new people joining the site.
                            Brian

Comment

Nice write up.

Outback 2015
                              Maui

Comment

Working...
                              X