October / November Fishing Spots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October / November Fishing Spots

So I've missed the spring and summer of fishing but I will be back on the water in October and plan on making up for some lost time. I remember doing pretty well vertical jigging for rock a little later in the fall but I want to expand on both locations and species. Variety is the spice of life after all Mostly need help with the salt side of things since I like to think I can handle my own when it comes to fresh water fishing I think it will be kinda late in the year for some species, and some are more reasonable than others but here is what I would like to go after

Red Drum
    Tog
    Flounder
    Cobia
    Croaker
    Big Blues, caught some snappers here and there but would like something with some size to it
    and other suggestions

Places I want to hit at some point

OC, CBBT, concrete ships, PLO, maybe even head south to the Carolinas, Georgia or Florida

Really I guess what I'm saying is I am open to suggestions any where and anytime So lets hear it, where would / will you be fishing this fall? And keep the reports and pictures coming, you guys are making me jealous and I'm already all fired up to be back on the water! Good Fishin

Chimo

looks like u need to be on the lower eastern shore for those speices, down to va beach

Comment

Sounds like a trip to the tidewater area of VA is in order if not North Carolina. Specks are available around Lynnhaven and other creeks through November (at least they were last year). I'm not sure when redfish head out, but both species can be had in the winter at the Hot Ditch. If you head to the VA Beach area, give Kathy at Back River Outfitters a call for the scoop on what's around.

I've got blues up to 24" at PLO and Solomons in years past. I'm not sure if that counts as "something with some size to it". I haven't been targeting them lately because my wife prefers eating lower on the food chain, and my buddy with a smoker moved away. You might have to head north (or maybe south, not sure) for the really big ones.

Cobia leave the Bay around September, I think, so you'll have to head south for those.
      Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
      Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Looks like I will be heading south I'm going to have to start doing my research and plan this out right. Thanks for the info!

Chimo

Comment

Working...
        X