Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cooked better than raw shrimp for croaker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooked better than raw shrimp for croaker?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1h_60mNm5w

Comeonfish did a test and found cooked peeled shrimp is better than raw shrimp. So, do you guys use cooked shrimp?
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1h_60mNm5w

Comeonfish did a test and found cooked peeled shrimp is better than raw shrimp. So, do you guys use cooked shrimp?
    got some out last nite going to try them at the coke in the morning, used them many times, i think they stay on longer just like salted shrimp they catch fish too.

Comment

Frozen pre-cooked shrimp is about $10 a pound. A dozen bws is $10. If a dozen bws is estimated at a tenth of a pound, that's $100 a pound
      2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

I have never used cooked shrimp... but I have had my frozen raw shrimp cook/turn orangy because it was too hot outside! And it still works. At my local giant I can get raw shrimp for $5.99 a lb. I use them fresh and then salt what's left! They still work like a charm after being salted! If your having problems with em staying on the hook you can salt them off the bat!

Comment

i get my shrimp from All Green by marly station mall, fresh shrimp 4.99lb whole and 5.99lb headless good size and good on the grill too they hve a fantastic seafood section

Comment

Where do the croaker cook their shrimp?

I recently found that croaker also like Krill. I was in a rush and didn't want to go to the bait store. So, I used some of the frozen krill that I feed to my tropical fish. The croaker and the perch liked them. I still like bloods for croaker. Just a preference.

Comment

I have tried both raw and cooked and have also had better results with the cooked....it stays on the hook better. I should try it with old bay...will probably catch the big aggressive ones.

Comment

Working...
              X