Live line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live line

How do you guys set up your live line? Do you use any weights or floats (bobbers) of do you just let the bait swim free?

Hey buddy,

we got some good tips here that you can check out
    http://www.snaggedline.com/boatyard/...ng+spot&page=2
    <insert witty comment here>

Comment

You can do it anyway you want .......... it's by the pilings I use no weight ...... just cast it as close to the piling as I can ........ spot will swim straight to the bottom as fast as they can .......... if a striper is there he won't make it ........

Open water and drifting ........ depends on the tide ......... may need some weight to get down ......... usually drift over schools on the DF until something bites and then anchor immediately on the school ......... then floats or no weight .......... spot swim to the bottom ......... perch not so much ......

Comment

No weight
        Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

depends if blues are around i will put an egg sinker above the snap and get down quick past the blues before the spot is bitten in half. if no blues no sinker

Comment

If I'm live lining a minnow for flounder, then I'll have weight so he's close to the bottom. Everything else doesn't need weight.
            2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Working...
            X