• Show
Clear All

Work binds us all together- common dominator
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

I am a Physical Education teacher in PG County. I just bought my first yak on August 4th. I live on Kent Island and I am looking forward to fishing with some of you @ the bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by alpha550 View Post
        I am a Physical Education teacher in PG County. I just bought my first yak on August 4th. I live on Kent Island and I am looking forward to fishing with some of you @ the bridge.
        Welcome!!

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
          Hmmmmm .......... and all this time I thought it was Kayak Fishing ....... my mistake .........

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
            Hmmmmm .......... and all this time I thought it was Kayak Fishing ....... my mistake .........
            On this forum it is kayak fishing... but on a larger scale as Americans- it is the one thing we all value pretty much the same- work = self worth, self esteem, security, wealth, and to a large degree defines us- that is why it is so devastating for long term unemployment= suicides, domestic violence, depression, crime, poor health, etc.

Comment

On this forum it is kayak fishing... but on a larger scale as Americans- it is the one thing we all value pretty much the same- work = self worth, self esteem, security, wealth, and to a large degree defines us- that is why it is so devastating for long term unemployment= suicides, domestic violence, depression, crime, poor health, etc.
              Huh ......... interesting ............... soooo you would continue the same work you are doing today if you won $100 million ? ......... I wouldn't

Who here would rather work than fish? ................ Not me

........... self worth, self esteem, security, wealth and the negative stuff have more to do with providing comfortably for yourself and your family ....... work is just a poor man's interruption to life ........

I'm the best at what I do but I would give it all up tomorrow for a comfortable income for the rest of my life ............ wouldn't you?

Oh ..... PS .......... I'm a Union Member too ....... AFGE
              Last edited by Memory Maker; 08-06-2011, 02:46 PM.

Comment

I plan to work two, thee at the most more years before I retire, so all mine in in the rear view mirror, MM- but if I won the lottery I would probably work two or three more years-

Comment

Retired Maryland State Police Trooper/ Flight Paramedic. Currently working for a Private Ambulance Co. doing critical care transport. I wish I could fish or guide for a company anywhere. Simply put, I LOVE TO FISH. I also work or should I say I play at Bass Pro in the Arundel Mills Mall. I get paid to talk to poeple about my favorite hobbie which happens to be... you guessed it, FISHING. I would go in to work there for free. I'm actually trying to get a FT manager spot there in fishing. Yes I'd be taking a serious cut in pay, but I need to do it.
                  Tom Brown
                  Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
                  2012 Hobie PA 14'
                  Ocean Kayak Tident 13
                  2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Actually Ron, I thionk you hit it right...and you're not the first to notice....see the quote from the Poet Robert Frost (whole poem at http://www.online-literature.com/frost/757/)

" men work together," I told him from the heart,
                    "Whether they work together or work apart."

as opposed to another wise man's words, "Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, and the sporting goods salesman will eat for a lifetime"
                    14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                    2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Originally posted by kevinfry View Post
                      Actually Ron, I thionk you hit it right...and you're not the first to notice....see the quote from the Poet Robert Frost (whole poem at http://www.online-literature.com/frost/757/)

" men work together," I told him from the heart,
                      "Whether they work together or work apart."

as opposed to another wise man's words, "Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, and the sporting goods salesman will eat for a lifetime"
                      So true! Going to work on a Monday is not that bad whenever you can get some time on the water, catch or no catch.
                      Hobie Outback
                      WS Tarpon
                      IG: #liveyakfish

Comment

Originally posted by ILV2F5H View Post
                        So true! Going to work on a Monday is not that bad whenever you can get some time on the water, catch or no catch.
                        Please, please, I fish on most Mondays!

Comment

Working...
                        X