No announcement yet.

General Tso's Snakehead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have yet to eat one, but I understand they taste as good or better than stripers.
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

"tasting better than striper" aint hard to do IMO!
      <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Great job on catching and cooking the Potomac Pike.... I cannot wait until I catch my first one.

Comment

Depends on their size and how you prepare them, Metro- I had a nice meal the other day at Bobby Vanns Grill in DC with Rockfish that was delicious- Big Rockfish are way too strong- fishy tasting for me-

We were wire line trolling the CBBT several years back on a cold December night and I caught a 43 pounder- it wasn't fit to eat- tasted like HD-30 motor oil- yuck!
          Last edited by ronaultmtd; 08-05-2011, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
            Depends on their size and how you prepare them, Metro- I had a nice meal the other day at Bobby Vanns Grill in DC with Rockfish that was delicious- Big Rockfish are way too strong- fishy tasting for me-
            I hear ya. They are bland IMO. I had one rockfish dish that I liked. Buffalo Rockfish. Battered, fried, & coated in buffalo sauce.

So I guess its good when you try to make it taste like other things lol!

Sorry, don't mean to hijack. The General Tsos Snakehead looks delicious and well prepared. I've made chinese food before...lots of prep time!
            <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Jacko looks good man... hey is anyone else concerned about eating potomac river fish?

Comment

Not as much from the upper Mattawoman Creek- it has it's own source of fresh water. I wouldn't eat any fish caught within ten miles of the city- and I wouldn't eat more than a meal of bottom fish every two weeks-

Certain fish hold more pollutants than others- like Catfish.

Comment

Working...
                X