Just got my new Kayak today!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got my new Kayak today!!

I am so excited to start tricking her out. I bought a brand new Vibe Sea Ghost 130 today. I took the 2 hour drive down to Oak Tree Outfitters and picked up my Kayak. It is green.

This board is great. You guys have been very welcoming so far and another member with a Vibe suggested the paddle upgrade. I did get the paddle upgrade based on his advice.

I am really undecided on what to do with my old Kayak. It is a Maxxon Cayman II inflatable kayak, 1 or 2 person set-up. Part of me is thinking about keeping it since I store it in a closet but another part of me is considering selling it. I don't think that I could get much for it even though both large air chambers have been replaced recently. It is a good kayak for what it is designed for. What do you guys think?

You will love the SG!!! I have it in orange camo. As for your blow up yak you'll never use it again. Also if your on FB checkout the Vibe Owners Group.
    2017 Hobie PA14

Comment

Oh, I doubt I will ever use it, but I wonder if I may have a friend of my wife may want to use it sometime. Heck, I could outfit another person to fly fish with me with some of my spare gear!

I just made a FB request to join the Vibe group.

I can't wait to use it. I am looking forward to a break in the weather.

Oh, based on what others suggested on here, I went with the C Tow Cart for it.

Comment

Welcome to the group.

I have the C Tow cart and really like it. I even use if for my 17 foot rowing dory.

My advice is to take the kayak out a couple times before you add modifications to it. When I got my first Yak.. and wanted to add all these things, in the end I didn't have the time and now have decided I don' want them anyways. I was convinced I would want an anchor trolly, turns out I would never use it with the way I fish. I still might add one if I start doing more Cat fishing, but other than that it would be just one more thing to get caught on stuff.
        People who use the word "literally" wrong literally kill me.

Comment

Working...
        X