Stellar Hobie service at Bluhaven Piers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stellar Hobie service at Bluhaven Piers

I dropped my Revo off at Bluhaven (not far from Point Look Out) at closing time on Saturday to get a broken rudder cable fixed. I got a call Tuesday morning saying it was ready. I picked up today, and they had fixed the cable (which was all I asked them to do), disassembled and lubed the rudder drum, and filled in some gouges in the hull for the cost of 1 hour's worth of labor ($45). That saved me a lot of cussing and bloody knuckles. To top if off, I mentioned I needed some new masts for my Mirage drive, and Darden gave me a good discount on some old ones he had that were straight and drilled out the holes I needed to fit my ancient drive. Pretty sweet. It's been a frustrating couple of weeks for a variety of reasons, so this was a pleasant change of pace. I highly recommend stopping by if you need parts, service, another Hobie, or want to take one for a test drive. They also have the new Hobie SUPs, too.
    Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
    Yellow Tarpon 120

I must say those guys there are St. Mary's College Grads, so they have to be great people.

Comment

good to hear that they are customer oriented. gee bill you are hard on hobies i had to take mine in last year because some thing happened when i raised the rudder upon landing and the bolt holding the pulley pulled through the hull took it to BYB in annap. where i bought it, the manager said he had never seen that happen before something must have jammed the cable inside but they fixed it and i had it back by the next weekend. actually backed both sides up and down with ss washers

Comment

Working...
      X