Hemmingways

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hemmingways

How many of you has stopped in to Hemmingways for food or drink after Yakin this year?

im boycotting hemmingways!!!!
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

I stopped in a couple weeks ago after fishing all day. I was starving and planned on getting dinner. Unfortunately, the kitchen closes at 10pm and it was 9:50. So I had do eat elsewhere.

I did however take my family there dinner the next day. Good food, good service and great atmosphere.
      -Jimbo-

Berkley Powerpro - 100 yrd spool - 30#
      Berkley Powerpro - 100 yrd spool - 20#
      Fishbites - Saltwater version

Comment

Originally posted by Grilled Sardine View Post
        I'm not ........ everytime I go fishing there I'll be stopping in with my bright orange shirt ordering some food and refreshment ..........

If they know your a good customer and good for their business, they may change their minds about launching ........ just sayin ......

Comment

Originally posted by Grilled Sardine View Post
          I'm not ........ everytime I go fishing there I'll be stopping in with my bright orange shirt ordering some food and refreshment ..........

If they know your a good customer and good for their business, they may change their minds about launching ........

boycotting a place you probably you rarely visited anyway does no good ........ they have the land and they never knew you anyway .... so what good is boycotting

just sayin ......

Comment

Change their mind about launching?

I'm confused, they allow us to launch at dock G? I am also confused bc is is no longer 'Hemmingways' as in a mom and pop place, the whole complex is owned by the same corporation?

I'd be happy to eat there but I'm usually too sweaty and tired to eat after.
            Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
            Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
            https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

i was joking about the boycotting......

but to be honest, id rather launch from the g dock than hemingways. dealing with sand sucks and if you take a look at the beach area now, there are logs and whole bunch of crap in the way, way worse than before.

its a great atmosphere but i was never a big fan of their food. a bit overpriced imo! good for drinks though!
              Hobie Revolution 13
              Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

I'd hate to lose it again because we were looked at as a bunch of mooches ......... just sayin

Comment

Meh. Their "problem" has been solved. Doesn't matter if we patronize their establishment or not. We're the last thing on their minds if we're not on their parking lot trying to launch from the beach. Not saying to stop going there if that's what you wanna do...that's cool. Just saying it won't make a difference if we start showing up with our MKF shirts with the intent to make them change their mind.

"I wish these smelly bastards would stop showing up in their orange shirts!"
                  <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Originally posted by MetroMan View Post

"I wish these smelly bastards would stop showing up in their orange shirts!"
                    Haaaahahahaha

Comment

Launch site on Eastern Shore: Hemmingways??

just found MKF and was looking around and saw the discussion about not being able to launch at Hemmingways anymore. I didn't know about this. Where is everyone now launching at to fish the eastern shore side of the bay? What is the g dock?

I past years I had always launched at the beach next to Hemmingways.

Thanks

Danny

Comment

At the marina there, the docks are labeled by letter. We are allowed to launch for free at the G Dock in the marina there.

http://g.co/maps/9v6x2

I've found the best location to be near the lifts, right in the vicinity of the "GS" on the map. There's a floating dock there that is just a few inches above the water's surface...making it relatively easy to launch & recover.

Welcome aboard!
                        Last edited by MetroMan; 03-18-2012, 12:48 PM.
                        <insert witty comment here>

Comment

[quote "I wish these smelly bastards would stop showing up in their orange shirts!" [/quote]

Maybe if we show up real smelly, they'll say, "Ok, Ok, you can launch, you can launch.....just stay away from the restaurant"

Actually, for me, it doesn't matter now. G dock is fine.
                          2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                          2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                          2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Make sure you leave your car in front of G dock, otherwise it could be towed.

Also, make sure you don't make a mess, make a lot of noise, or otherwise cause any concern for them to think we are abusing the privilege they have extended us. You can also launch from terrapin park on the north east side of the bridge. One trip there and you'll see g dock is definitely a privilege!
                            Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                            Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                            https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
                              Make sure you leave your car in front of G dock, otherwise it could be towed.

Also, make sure you don't make a mess, make a lot of noise, or otherwise cause any concern for them to think we are abusing the privilege they have extended us. You can also launch from terrapin park on the north east side of the bridge. One trip there and you'll see g dock is definitely a privilege!
                              +1 on keeping it clean and being orderly.

A few guys established a good relationship with the Dock Manager to give us that privilege, and we sure don't want mess things up.
                              2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                              2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                              2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Working...
                              X