Bay Bridge, East sid sat 8/6 anyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bay Bridge, East sid sat 8/6 anyone

Plan on picking up bait at Anglers at 5 or a few minutes before. Anyone else in? Plan on launching at G dock, they gave me permission to park trailer there too!

I'll be there a little later. Look for a blue hobie with a yellow crate following you by about a hour. See u on the water.

Comment

Maybe
      Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

I'm going to Mattawoman with some friends in the morning but a couple hours at the BB would be a nice start. I'll be there at 5... Maybe they'll follow me to the BB... lol.
        2010 Hobie Outback

Comment

Nice post Pinch...
          Hope you guys find them out there. It sure was rough last night...
          Good luck!
          Ryan
          Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

launched from G dock at 6:00am and 77 degree water. Searched for spot until 7, only caught perch, no spot. Headed out the west bound pilings. trolling a deep diving repala. When I reached about 18 feet of water and deeper I worked on jigging. Tried 3/4 jig head and white 6 inch fluke plastic, feeling the bottom and then tried a sting silver with no success. I'm more and more impressed by those of you who can do this. I've worked at this a few times without a strike. Or at least without knowing about a strike. I guess it is a feel technique that must be developed. I need an obvious "let the fish set the hook himself" type of strike. Crossed over to the East bound pilings to start working my way back. Casting white swim shads; caught one short striper. Two blues bit the tails off two of my lures. Going to need to add a second hook to them. Also tried a piece of perch belly along the way with no hits. Back to the docks about 11:00. Grilled Sardine was launching as I was leaving. Hope he did well. It was a little breezy with plenty of current.

Comment

the way the current was running today a 2 oz jig might have been to light. we launched from matapeake around 6am and when the wind and tide started rolling the drift was fast. hooked some nice size spot and a few under size rock, doug caught some croakers too. GB had his BKD bitten in half by blues, i threw kastmasters and metal spoons but they didnt bite

Comment

Had a great time out with you all on sat at Mattapeake. Hooked a couple small stripers and had a swim bait tail eaten off prob from a Blue. Unfortunately the current kicked my but and the pain management became too great. So I went in followed by Grady I believe. Hooked the Stripers on a bottom rig with Artificial and live blood worm and the live worked best. Nice place to fish and I will go back again... Soon. Thanks and great seeing so many members there. Good Time!!
                Tom Brown
                Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
                2012 Hobie PA 14'
                Ocean Kayak Tident 13
                2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

nice meeting you wiljack. fishing was not so good! it was really rough and the current was ripping....my 1oz jigs were not holding and i didnt have anything heavier. as i was leaving back to the dock, i was working the shallow end, 8-10ft of water and managed a 21incher on a grub lure that pinch had given me a couple weeks ago. thanks pinch! besides that, very slow out. there were probably only a handful of boats out there. at least i didnt get skunked!

oh and btw....i need to stop going to anglers before fishing. everytime i go in there i end up dropping $50 + on random stuff, and i didnt even get 2oz jigs which would of been helpful
                  Hobie Revolution 13
                  Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Working...
                  X