Marking your kayak with contact info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marking your kayak with contact info

For this season I am planning on adding to put my contact information on my Yak consisting of my Name Address and contact info and possibly an emergency contact info. That way if if the Yak is found by someone they will hopefully attempt to contact me before calling the NRP/Coastguard, and if I respond return the yak. Or if they cannot reach me they will know to look for me or will know that I am legitimately in trouble and need assistance.

I am wondering how to you guys mark your Yaks now I would prefer it to be non-permanent, easy to see and obviously water proof. I was thinking something along the lines of a bright orange tag attached somewhere on the Yak but not sure if there is an option out there. What does everyone use for this if anything?
    Mike

2015 Hidden Oak Slayer Propel 10

I used a Brother Label maker to create the following tag:

P1010592.jpg

It's waterproof and bright and has not faded.

I have two tags on each of my kayaks. The one pictured has only my name. I have second tag on each boat with my name and cell phone number and my wife's cell phone number.

This topic has been discussed on this forum before. I believe the USCG or MD DNR has stickers that will accomplish the same thing and perhaps have room for even more identifying info.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

I placed a laminated luggage tag inside a storage compartment on both of my kayaks.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

http://www.canoekayak.com/touring-ka...I7r6kDXQWlp.97

Comment

Thanks I found the Coast Guard site and put in a request for a couple stickers to mailed out for mine and a buddy's yak.
          Mike

2015 Hidden Oak Slayer Propel 10

Comment

I just used a permanent marker and wrote all my info on the bottom of my front hatch and on the inside of the hull.
            2015 Hobie Outback
            2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

I also just did the same, thanks for starting this thread
              Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

I've used a permanent paint marker that I use in my job for marking hydraulic equipment prior to disassembly. They come in a multicolor set, mark on any surface and don't fade from UV rays, oil etc. The different colors allow them to contrast with whatever color your hull is. The set I have was obtained from Fastenal (there are locations all over creation) the set is not cheap but they do have a lot of uses and I believe they may be available in individual colors. I decided to try them after the sharpie "permanent" marker I used kind of washed and faded out into an illegible blob on my Pungo 140 rec. kayak.

Comment

Working...
                X