Whats up Guys, newbie here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats up Guys, newbie here

Just wanted to say hi and hope to get to fish with you guys some time. I live in Milford, De, but have no problem traveling to catch fish. I have been a hardcore fresh water bass guy forever, but this year have really gotten into the inshore salt thing! The Lewes canal has been my bread and butter for flounder and night time stripes. It is made for yak'n. Really want to hit the Bay Bridge up sometime, so if anyone ever wants some company let me know!

Welcome, my wife's grandfather lives in Seaford. We get over that way every month or so. I don't have a boat yet, but when I do I'm hitting the beaches over there to try some surf kayak fishing.

Comment

Welcome. I've been in Ocean City, Md all summer and really wanted to get up to DE for a little better flounder bite, but just haven't gotten the chance. Where do you usually launch from?

Comment

Anytime

There is a new boat ramp on the canal right where the roosevelt inlet comes in. I cannot for the life of me remember the name of the road that follows the canal. There is also a kayak launch area at a park but you have to transport your yak a couple hundered yards. It is actually a great place to catch flounder right from shore. Just like anywhere you go through a lot throwbacks but the keepers are there! I have been using all kinds of things to catch flounder, but all you really need to catch a ton of fish in there is 1/8th to 3/4oz (depending on the current) jig heads and anything (white,pink, or chart) GULP. Also the schoolie stripers are a BLAST under the lights at night time!!! If anyone wants to get out let me know. Jason

Comment

We are having one of our Monthly MEET & GREETS this coming Saturday at the OC inlet. If your available you should make the trip down to meet a bunch of the guys. Also the CBKA tournament is Sept 9th/10th, if you got some DE kayakers near you all should come down for the it at the Bay Bridge.

http://www.snaggedline.com/boatyard/...ead.php?t=1465

www.chesapeakebaykayakanglers.com

Comment

Sounds good! But have to see

Will definetly see what I can do. Have my sister in town from Arizona and not sure what time she leaves. But would be awesome to come hang and fish. Still trying to get ideas on how I ultimatley want to rig my Maibu Extreme, till I get a Hobie. So it would be good to see some of your guys riggs. Thanks for the invite. Jason

Comment

Hope to see you there. The guys here comes up with all kind of rigging ideas.

Comment

Hope I can make it!

I want to try a peddle yak to see if I can do it ok. I took a round from a sniper in Iraq and have really weak lower extremities. I have a recumbent bycycle that is similar so I think I will be ok for at least keeping me in place in the current, which is what I am mainly concerned with. It's either that or a an electric bassyak mount for my malibu extreme which might be a better option for me? I still want to be able to paddle for the work out, it just can be a pain to fish paddling when the current is really moving.

Comment

road?

Originally posted by Delawhere? View Post
                  There is a new boat ramp on the canal right where the roosevelt inlet comes in. I cannot for the life of me remember the name of the road that follows the canal. There is also a kayak launch area at a park but you have to transport your yak a couple hundered yards. It is actually a great place to catch flounder right from shore. Just like anywhere you go through a lot throwbacks but the keepers are there! I have been using all kinds of things to catch flounder, but all you really need to catch a ton of fish in there is 1/8th to 3/4oz (depending on the current) jig heads and anything (white,pink, or chart) GULP. Also the schoolie stripers are a BLAST under the lights at night time!!! If anyone wants to get out let me know. Jason
                  267? piliottown road?
                  Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Originally posted by Delawhere? View Post
                    I want to try a peddle yak to see if I can do it ok. I took a round from a sniper in Iraq and have really weak lower extremities. I have a recumbent bycycle that is similar so I think I will be ok for at least keeping me in place in the current, which is what I am mainly concerned with. It's either that or a an electric bassyak mount for my malibu extreme which might be a better option for me? I still want to be able to paddle for the work out, it just can be a pain to fish paddling when the current is really moving.
                    If we are able to meet up this week sometime or at the M&G saturday I have no problem letting you take my outback for a little whirl to see if you like the mirage drive system

Comment

Kinda rambled on that

Pinch, what I ment to originally get at is that there is a road that follows the canal in Lewes and it ends at a large boat ramp, which is where I put in at. I just can not remember the name of the road. When you go into Lewes you turn left before crossing the bridge over the canal and continue at a snails pace until the end of the road.

Comment

Welcome, my mom and grandparents use to live in Milford. I wish I enjoyed kayaking back when they lived there.
                        2012 Hobie Revo 13'
                        2012 Hobie PA12'

Comment

Working...
                        X