OC M&G Arrival Times and Lunch/Meeting Times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OC M&G Arrival Times and Lunch/Meeting Times

Sorry for another post but I think this poll will take care or everything.

*Unload at furthest ramp to the right to try to stay out of the way of boaters.

Time: Original Plan 7am

Meeting @ Harborside time will be decided by the #1 vote getter
    Arrival Time: 6am-7am
    50.00%
    Arrival Time: 8am-9am
    4.55%
    Arrival Time: 9am-10am
    0.00%
    Arrival Time: After 10am
    0.00%
    Lunch/Meeting Time: 1pm @ Harboside
    22.73%
    Lunch/Meeting Time: 2pm @ Harboside
    18.18%
    Lunch/Meeting Time: 3pm @ Harboside
    4.55%
    Lunch/Meeting Time: 4pm @ Harboside
    0.00%
    Last edited by CB kayak 02; 08-08-2011, 07:50 PM. Reason: Clarification

Tide should determine the best time.

08/13/2011 Sat
    02:12AM LDT 0.1 L
    08:12AM LDT 2.1 H
    02:07PM LDT -0.1 L
    08:39PM LDT 2.7 H

LDT-Local Daylight Time. Seems 0700 is about right to catch the top of flood and all of the outgoing...

Comment

So it looks like everyone will be getting there around 7am or so. Seems like a perfect launch time.

And I think the consensus for Lunch is probably best around 1pm, since Pinch voted for either 1-2.. and I voted for 3pm, but it doesn't make a difference to me.

Look forward to seeing everyone there.

Live bait or gulp seems to be the best bet for flounder. You can live line for Rockfish around the bridge the closest pilings near the drawbridge are your best bet, but the current does pull through there pretty good. I believe Ake Marine and OC fishing center sell live spot.

What area does everyone plan on hitting 1st?

Here is one of the most up to date fishing reports for the OC area.
      http://atbeach.com/fishrpt.html
      Last edited by CB kayak 02; 08-09-2011, 12:33 PM.

Comment

So, ya'll meeting for lunch ? are you done fishing then or just taking a break ?
        Was going to pack a lunch, but if it's an official lunch,,,
        what are you doing with the Yak's at lunch ?

Slack
        Captian of the plastic Navy
        1 - Mad River Canoes
        1- Tarpon 120
        1- Redfish 10
        1- Coosa HD
        2- Cuda 12
        1- Slayer Propel 10

http://reoservicesofmaryland.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Slackdaddy View Post
          So, ya'll meeting for lunch ? are you done fishing then or just taking a break ?
          Was going to pack a lunch, but if it's an official lunch,,,
          what are you doing with the Yak's at lunch ?

Slack
          I'm sure some people will be done fishing, while others might want to go back out.

Those who are done will probably load up on cars.
          Those that want to fish more could just tie up that yaks let them float for a bit (Just like what you would do with a boat) at harborside which is right on the water in the Commercial harbor.

Most of this I think will be played by ear by most depending on how tired everyone is from the morning of fishing/catching.

Comment

Originally posted by CB kayak 02 View Post
            What area does everyone plan on hitting 1st?
            I was thinking of following one of the more experienced kayakers around. Preferably a paddler so that I can try to learn to paddle and fish at the same time from him. And I probably will have a difficult time keeping up with a peddler....but whoever's willing to have a noob tag along, I will follow.

I thought it would be cool to try to catch as many types of fish as I can though...flounder, bluefish, croaker and maybe a tautog? How hard is it to catch a tautog? I read that sand fleas work for tautog...so I was thinking of maybe going to the beach before the launch time to try to dig up some sand fleas. Think that'll work? If not, maybe I'll fish a little from land at the 2nd-4th street bulkhead before the launch.
            Sun Fishin'

Comment

Will not be able to make this weeks M&G some last min family things came up and i will be going to NJ. Maybe next time guys.
              '12 Ocean Kayak Prowler trident 13 Orange
              '09 Wilderness Systems Ride 135 Red
              Kayak Fishing Mafia

-Both fish and men are often caught with artificial's-

Comment

Originally posted by Sun View Post
                I was thinking of following one of the more experienced kayakers around. Preferably a paddler so that I can try to learn to paddle and fish at the same time from him. And I probably will have a difficult time keeping up with a peddler....but whoever's willing to have a noob tag along, I will follow.

I thought it would be cool to try to catch as many types of fish as I can though...flounder, bluefish, croaker and maybe a tautog? How hard is it to catch a tautog? I read that sand fleas work for tautog...so I was thinking of maybe going to the beach before the launch time to try to dig up some sand fleas. Think that'll work? If not, maybe I'll fish a little from land at the 2nd-4th street bulkhead before the launch.
                Tog aren't really running right now. They prefer colder water and most have moved to offshore wrecks. green crabs are great for them too.

Comment

Ok, I'm in. See you there about 7 am. Three hour drive for me.
                  2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                  2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                  2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

See everyone there in the morning!!

I should be at the ramp around 6:30!!

Comment

Ill be there with moc @0630 or 0700ish depending on the drive.
                      Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

You guys have fun and be safe tomorrow something came up last minute and i will not be able to make this one

Comment

Working...
                        X