FYI: USCG Operation Paddle Smart: Safety Through Identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FYI: USCG Operation Paddle Smart: Safety Through Identification

I signed up for this program. It may be of interest to others. In addition to the "personal safety" factor, it could help in the recovery of a stolen or lost kayak or canoe.

Joe P

Operation Paddle Smart: Safety Through Identification

Operation Paddle Smart is a voluntary program created by the U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) to assist emergency personnel in identifying unregistered small boats (canoes, kayaks, and dinghies) with the use of waterproof, reflective, stickers which display the owner's name and basic contact information.

Whenever a boat is reported unattended or abandoned the USCG and rescue agencies must assume the operator is in distress and conduct an extensive search. With the use of vessel identification stickers from Operation Paddle Smart, officials can try to contact the owner and determine the best course of action.

Vessel ownership stickers are available through the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary, visit their website and select "contact us". http://www.annapoliscgaux.org/Flotilla.html

I have one on my kayak, got it from Backyard Boats, haven't gotten around to writing anything on it, but it's there.

Comment

Thanks for the link, just aplied for some stickers

Comment

Mine was given to me by from West Marine when I bought my kayak- I have my contact info on it-
        "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
        2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
        "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
        Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
        X