Fishing sat-sun any ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing sat-sun any ideas

I got my pass from the wife this week to fish both of these days and im gonna take full advantage any ideas on any hot spots?

Let me know what you think?

anybody fishing sat or sun

Is anyone fishing this sat or sun im looking for some people to link up with.

I was thinking about going out mattawoman sat and somewere new sunday

Comment

bassman, sunday thinking the scott key bridge.... i have fished there 3 times and have caught plenty of white perch.... the last time out caught 2 catfish jigging one was @ 6-7lbs always lot of perch took 6 home all 10 t0 11" one keeper rock. easy paddle from launch area. just an idea........ looking to fish somewhere myself on sunday.....???

Comment

What time were you thinking of going out on sunday and were exactly would you want to meet?

Originally posted by YaknBass View Post
        bassman, sunday thinking the scott key bridge.... i have fished there 3 times and have caught plenty of white perch.... the last time out caught 2 catfish jigging one was @ 6-7lbs always lot of perch took 6 home all 10 t0 11" one keeper rock. easy paddle from launch area. just an idea........ looking to fish somewhere myself on sunday.....???

Comment

bassman low tide @8am high tide @12 noon want to be fishing @ 9am but thats me i launch at ft armistead pk it is free and they have a small area to launch from rather then using the boat launch. normally will bring some grass shrimp and clam snouts for the perch the cats i've caught have hit the snouts also perch will as well . it is not the most spectacular fishing but it is productive caught some of the bigger perch jigging the pilings with kastmasters or lure jensen krocidiles tipped with snout. bottom line i will be on the water as early as you like. if the launch times for me and you differ by much you can miss where i'll be on the water... from the launch area go left i'll be on the 2nd or 3rd piling same side of the river as the launch. and the paddle is relitively short. i will be in a red and white sit in. if you are interested call me 443-769-0037 phil >>>also open to any other suggestions

Comment

That sounds good to me ill be there @ 8:00 are there any other species to be caught? Also are there any bait shops around that area?
            bassman low tide @8am high tide @12 noon want to be fishing @ 9am but thats me i launch at ft armistead pk it is free and they have a small area to launch from rather then using the boat launch. normally will bring some grass shrimp and clam snouts for the perch the cats i've caught have hit the snouts also perch will as well . it is not the most spectacular fishing but it is productive caught some of the bigger perch jigging the pilings with kastmasters or lure jensen krocidiles tipped with snout. bottom line i will be on the water as early as you like. if the launch times for me and you differ by much you can miss where i'll be on the water... from the launch area go left i'll be on the 2nd or 3rd piling same side of the river as the launch. and the paddle is relitively short. i will be in a red and white sit in. if you are interested call me 443-769-0037 phil >>>also open to any other suggestions

Comment

i can pick up what bait you want i never use all of the snouts we can split them. the bait shop is on the other side of the bridge so if it helps i'll pick up what you want...... i've caught perch catfish blues and rock

Comment

sounds perfect thanks bro so ill meet ya there at 8:00 ill prob be a little earlier

i can pick up what bait you want i never use all of the snouts we can split them. the bait shop is on the other side of the bridge so if it helps i'll pick up what you want...... i've caught perch catfish blues and rock

Comment

do you want to go out on broadcreek. they have been catching some small mouth bass. i was on eden mill yesterday and caught a 13 incher. thats a big size for eden mill.

Comment

if you want i can pick up a box of grass shrimp for you much better bait for perch and i will split up the snouts let me know if ya wants the grass shrimp i use a bottom fishing rig..... lite to med tackle....... i use what i use to bass fish....... the perch on ultra lite tackle can be fun

Comment

That sounds good to me just let me know how much i owe ya and i do agree perch feel like monsters on light tackle.

Are you going out anywere on sat?
                      if you want i can pick up a box of grass shrimp for you much better bait for perch and i will split up the snouts let me know if ya wants the grass shrimp i use a bottom fishing rig..... lite to med tackle....... i use what i use to bass fish....... the perch on ultra lite tackle can be fun

Comment

Mattawoman Creek- probably Saturday morning early-
                        "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                        2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                        "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                        Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

No prob ill be there around 5:00 am as soon as you get out in the water ill be to the left over by the first dock im gonna try yet agin to pull something besides a bass or a catfish outta that stink

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
                          Mattawoman Creek- probably Saturday morning early-

Comment

For fishing the Key Bridge alot of locals have been using peelers on fish finder rigs and fishing the bridge pilings or structure in 15 to 25 feet of water with good success. They have been catching alot of rock fish up to 30 inches and large catfish.

Comment

Thanks mike im gonna try it all you should try to make it out if you can .

Yak do you know of any good tackle shops in the area?

Originally posted by mikebcfd View Post
                              For fishing the Key Bridge alot of locals have been using peelers on fish finder rigs and fishing the bridge pilings or structure in 15 to 25 feet of water with good success. They have been catching alot of rock fish up to 30 inches and large catfish.

Comment

Working...
                              X